• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lizard Skin

SFC Deal

Has anyone ever painted Lizard Skin Sound Control inside & outside of their CUCV (or any other vehicle) and then paint the 383 CARC Green on top of it? Did it help with the noise?

dependable

I have painted it inside a CUCV and then painted with Rapco's rattle can version of carc color. It does help with sound and paint sticks to it. Not sure the stuff is intended for exterior use.

spectre6000

This is a little old, but I've used it on old VWs. On my VWs, it makes the floor pans that typically sound like big metal plates (like you would expect) sound like they're made of wood! I've been told CUCVs are noisy, but it's all relative. It's luxury car quiet compared to a VW with a loudish muffler and no sound deadening (my daily driver). It's WAY better than any of the mat products. It's pretty effective and great if you want to retain a stock look. It can be a little on the soft side though, so you probably don't want to put it somewhere that's going to see a lot of contact/friction/etc. I.e., don't put it in the driver's footwell, don't put it in the bed if you have any intention of putting things back there, etc. Well, you can, but you'll end up with spots where it's deformed, lost the paint that was on top of it, and makes a little pockmark. If you have the ability to properly prep the underside of the body though, have some fun! It'll be fantastic.