• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmc junk

Warren Lovell

Just wanted to vent a bit. Ordered headlight buckets and adjusters from LMC.
My suggestion is - DON’T DO IT. Just sandbast your orginals or find oem / nos replacements. The paint on these mfg in Taiwan crap scraps off and has no primer! The adjusters do not stay in like the oem ones when you turn the screw.
This company is ridiculous. So....onto the search for oem adjusters.

Can you guys suggest any reputable vendors for truck parts out there?

War

rustystud

Just wanted to vent a bit. Ordered headlight buckets and adjusters from LMC.
My suggestion is - DON’T DO IT. Just sandbast your orginals or find oem / nos replacements. The paint on these mfg in Taiwan crap scraps off and has no primer! The adjusters do not stay in like the oem ones when you turn the screw.
This company is ridiculous. So....onto the search for oem adjusters.

Can you guys suggest any reputable vendors for truck parts out there?

War
Yes, you can get some junky parts from LMC. You also can get some pretty good parts. It all depends. There are some OEM parts which you cannot find anymore and you will be forced to use LMC. I've replaced "hardware" for items I bought from LMC with quality aftermarket products, just like those adjusters. You got to do what you need to do to make it run.

Warren Lovell

I have bought some good door panels around 9 years ago from LMC. But they are really no different in quality than JC Whitney.
Anyone use Brothers or Classic Industries.?

cucvrus

I had the head lamp bucket experience. I get buckets out of every truck I see them in. They were the same buckets in the vans up till 2018. They just switched to composite buckets. The LMC are scrap. I can vouche for that. The issue is a counter sunk area where the adjustment screw goes. I put a set on the edge of a board and put a counter sunk wood screw into the bucket area where the adjustment screw seats. It created an area for the screw to seat it self. Not the best but I had a customer insist on using new ones. How did you make out with door hinges? Have a Great Day.

85CUCVtom

I had the head lamp bucket experience. I get buckets out of every truck I see them in. They were the same buckets in the vans up till 2018. They just switched to composite buckets. The LMC are scrap. I can vouche for that. The issue is a counter sunk area where the adjustment screw goes. I put a set on the edge of a board and put a counter sunk wood screw into the bucket area where the adjustment screw seats. It created an area for the screw to seat it self. Not the best but I had a customer insist on using new ones. How did you make out with door hinges? Have a Great Day.
We have a fleet of +26 Chevy vans at the company I work for so every time we scrap a van or someone wrecks on I always try to nab the headlight buckets, adjusters, springs etc.

ridenby

I bought window regulator for first truck from LMC. It fit,works like crap. Second truck came from Brothers,smooth as silk. YRMV.

85CUCVtom

I bought window regulator for first truck from LMC. It fit,works like crap. Second truck came from Brothers,smooth as silk. YRMV.
From my experience window regulators are a tricky thing- they are either ok or garbage. Heck, I have an aftermarket door on my blazer and when I re-installed the window tracks and regulator nothing seemed to work right. OEM was the way to go on that stuff.

rustystud

Though none of them carry all the parts needed for a total body rebuild.

I do. What do you need? Up to and including a complete cab.
Yes, I do believe you do have everything needed for a total restoration cucvrus" !!! Of course most of us do not have the luxury of having tons of old CUCV's around ! Yes, I am a bit jealous !
In fact the last of my old vehicles left the property three days ago. Parting with my old 1944 IHC "TD-6" dozer was the hardest. It was originally my fathers. I learned to drive a dozer on that. Then there was my old 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. That was also my fathers. He gave it to me on my sixteenth birthday. That was really sad to see it at the scrappers !
At least the wife is now happy.

85CUCVtom

Yes, I do believe you do have everything needed for a total restoration cucvrus" !!! Of course most of us do not have the luxury of having tons of old CUCV's around ! Yes, I am a bit jealous !
In fact the last of my old vehicles left the property three days ago. Parting with my old 1944 IHC "TD-6" dozer was the hardest. It was originally my fathers. I learned to drive a dozer on that. Then there was my old 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. That was also my fathers. He gave it to me on my sixteenth birthday. That was really sad to see it at the scrappers !
At least the wife is now happy.
Am I the only one who gets jealous when guys have a yard full of parts or project trucks? If I had a bigger property I'd be screwed.

panama

Unfortunately I found the last post of this thread after I, also, broke 2 of the 4 local parts store adjusters. I ordered 4 of the green ones from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DXB346M. They cost more but snap in nice and tight and even seem to have a bit heavier screws. I lubed them up as suggested in another thread and they are holding great and adjusting smoothly. Thanks Warren for the tip!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks