• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMC MIP floor mats for M1009

dduncan

Has anyone ever tried the MIP floor mats that LMC sells? They are a hard plastic with insulation on the bottom. Supposed to protect against heat/cold and sound. They run I think $300 for an entire floorboard setup. Just wondering if anyone has them and if their worth the money. Thanks guys!

colelkhunter

I am actually puling the floor mat out of my 1031. Looking to go with Lizard skin sound deadner and cover it with Raptor bedliner material. Should be sound deadning and tough. 300 seems like alot to me for a floor matt, even an insulated one.

edpdx

I have been searching for a floor mat that is close to the original myself. Anyone have a part number (OEM)?

I used this SEM kit I got from Car Quest that was a breeze to shoot into place in the entire box of my truck. I added the 383 green to it until it matched (more-or-less). I had many people disbelieve me that I actually shot the liner myself. Could not use the nozzle that it came with- the cheap ceiling texture hopper sprayer from HarFrgt worked way better. I have one more gallon left and I think I'll shoot the floor of the M10009 in the spring then through some of those deep channel mats over it in the front floor.

I also will undercoat the rig to see if I can bring the cab noise down.

SEM spray in liner... good stuff, not all raspy like Line-X. Hols up great too.

MILRET45

I have had the MIP mat in my 1009, minus the cargo area, for several years now, although without the Jute underlay. A bit hard to work with going in due to stiffness but durable as all get out. It has a slicker surface feel to it, not the more rubbery feel of softer floor mats.

Oldsouthernboy

I bought a rubber bed linner for the back of a pickup, Then cut out to fit and squiched as needed. I replaced my seats with with a set of captans chairs from a chevy conversion van, The wife can not ride in the stock seats due to her bad back, the stiffer and flater van seat is just right for her because she can ajust the seat back and has arm rests.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used LMC MIP mat in my 1991 Suburban.

That was ten years ago. STILL in great shape. I know that because my bil and younger sister have it now and they abuse it daily and my bil and nephew take it out hunting all the time. It is working quite well as an all around coverage of the floor.

lindyp38

If im not mistaken......the army was pulling out those mats......because they were hold moisture and rusting out floors......

Mine has none.....and i dont plan on adding any.......

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If i'm not mistaken......the army was pulling out those mats......because they were hold moisture and rusting out floors......

Mine has none.....and i dont plan on adding any......

This is true from what I've seen. Though I have had CUCV's that did and some that did not have anything other than metal floor.

I do understand that if you just hose out a rubber floor with jute underneath it, chances are high that it was the jute, not the rubber that would trap the moisture. Plus if you used some form of Rhino liner material on the inside before laying the MIP rubber flooring down (with or without other sound deadening materials), rust would be kept to a minimum.

Of course, one would hope that if someone is here on this site asking questions, they are interested in preserving their vehicle. It is a very personal choice as to how to approach this issue and some take affront at any suggestion other than restore. I must confess I sometimes fall into that camp.

But hey, it's your ride. Do what you want. MIP will work great.

A trick is to NOT buy one and try and put it in during the winter months. Wait until early or mid summer. When you get the floor, roll it out some place where it will get sun all day and the creases that occur during shipping will slowly go away. And it's easier to work with when it's warm. If you can leave it out for a day or two and then put it in, the experience will be much more pleasant than trying to force a cold stiff piece of rubber into place...

topgun217

My 1009 had the factor mat still in it when I brough her home. I just pull the mat out and seperated the jute from the back side and threw it away. I then repaired the bad metal and then pained the floor with Chasis Saver. I then used just regular roll type insulation with the silver back. It was cheap, and now its alot quieter inside. I have been to several junk yards in my area picking up misc. parts etc. and I have seen perfectly good factory liner in a few Chevy pick ups, try the cheapest method first. It worked for me.

jooakes

I just got my shipment from LMC Looks nice just a little stiff but workable. Not enough sound deadening in kit only covered the very front [under your feet]. I went to Lowes got some carpet backing and put it down in the back looks nice. should get the carpet down tomorrow I'll get so pic's then.

allrevup

Occasionally artic kit parts come up for auctiion on ebay, do a google search for cucv parts and start contacting surplus dealers. The kit (a LARGE pallet box) were commun a couple of years back and most from surplus in Canada. You still find individual parts. In 2004, $123 for the NOS floor insulation, $64 for the HD rubber mat and about $20 for floor paint and prep. Perfect fit and much less then alternatives is made of 3/4" rubberise foam, kind of like what you find in a soft gym exercise mat :idea:.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks