• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMC Truck vs. Classic Parts

DXTAC

I am looking to begin replacing all the seals and weatherstriping on "MONGO" my 1009 and was wondering who has the better quality stuff LMC Truck or Classic Parts? I did use JcWhitney for the window seals on the doors and tailgate and they fit great but Jc's doesn't carry everything. Who's stuff is better, why???

Thanks in advance!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ONLY use LMC trucks. But they deliver from the time I place an order to delivery has always been less than a week, generally three days.

That's IF the part is in stock.

Some of their parts fits are 'questionable' but when you are getting your parts through CHINA, which is where a lot of this stuff comes from, you can expect some minor fit difference, say in sheet metal.

Overall LMC truck parts has been a great parts resource. So much so, that NOW Classic parts addresses trucks.

I've never ordered from Classic, so I can't compare. But I've been ordering stuff from LMC TRUCKS for well over ten years and NEVER had any problems. EVER.

Again, NOT dissing Classic as I have zero experience with them.

K9Vic

I have always ordered from LMC and have had my stuff if ordered early in the AM in 2-3 days as I am in Texas. I have had to call customer service due to an error in my order and they fixed it and credited my card all on the same day and shipping it out. As wallew stated, many parts are from China and fit can sometimes be a problem, but I am sure Classic would have similar issues. I like to order from places I have done business with before, or who is recommended. So I would also like to hear about Classic.

Huntingman2706217

I restored my WHOLE 72 chevy cheyenne c20 using LMC... not only that i was over seas on the USS Enterprise with the navy while i did it... all over the net... and everything was there when i got home... great quality stuff i think... never had any problems out of anything... everything worked great... fit tight... they have the option to buy OEM parts on alot of the stuff... and anything over $1k is free shipping... or at least used to be... they were also cheaper then anyone else i tried... classic parts (dont know about now) didnt show prices in there catalogs... i used to go through LMC every season and highlight what i wanted... even bought my exhaust through them and it sounded great!!

THE ONLY thing i didnt like about LMC is practicly NONE of there stuff came with directions... i got my grill from them and it came with 50 different types of screws and i had no idea what to use where... same with the exhaust... nothing was marked so i knew what was next... had to lay it all out and put it together like a puzzle... but other then that... no complaints and will buy again!!

ralbelt

I ordered some interior parts from Classic on monday and delivery is tracked for thurs.Everything was in stock, just small items like bezel screws, clips, front side marker lenses, They seem to have a good selection of hard to find finish items.

67_C-30

For the most part, LMC and Classic Parts (as well as the others) source their parts from the same place. The company that owns The Truck Shop in Orange, CA imports most of the stuff, and is the wholesaler to the others. I was told thjis at swap meet years ago, and I have seen the same stuff, in the same boxes, at everybody's trailers and The Truck Shop is consistantly cheaper on most things than the others. Here's the link to their online catalog.

73-87 Chevy Truck 09 Web - Fullscreen

combatmech

LMC all the way.....I have not bought anything from Classic...yet. I'm sure there will be something that doesnt fit...or product quality that I would return. I dont think you could go wrong with either one

firecontrol86

I just got window seals and the tailgate window seal from classic, and they fit perfectly. I got some other parts from LMC like motor mounts and they were the wrong ones. But these trucks are weird in the the way that some upgrades and parts are from different model years. Both places ship pretty quick though. So I'll prob still use both, just depends on which is cheaper for certain things.

jimmy-90

I've used both classic and LMC over the years and never wound up with a bad part from either but I prefer classic just because I think they have a nicer catalog than LMC. I have also used J.C. Whitney as well and there was a problem with every single order I placed through them. I will never use J.C Whitney again.

I've used both classic and LMC over the years and never wound up with a bad part from either but I prefer classic just because I think they have a nicer catalog than LMC. I have also used J.C. Whitney as well and there was a problem with every single order I placed through them. I will never use J.C Whitney again.

Classic changed their name it used to be Chevy duty i bought alot from them before the change im sure the service is just as good as for jc whitney lol thier for the masses not specific other than that JC whitney aint bad But i use Classic or lmc be careful u can still get original gm stuff over the counter and sometime cheaper than after market ;-)i know bought a many of original door rubbers from the dealership

grayw0lf

When I did all the work on my 1970, I preferred Classic Parts.

While working on my M1009, I got rather frustrated with them & went LMC.

Just my $0.02.

Armada

I've never used Classic Parts before, but have been using Classic Industries for years. GMC and Chevy Truck Parts | Classic Industries
I prefer them over LMC for seals, gaskets and trim pieces and have never had a return. I used to return 2 out of 5 pieces with LMC because of fit issues. Quality seems a bit better on more CI parts than LMC. Both companies have good service, comparable prices, and prompt deliveries.
Also, neither company carries everything, but if one place doesn't have the needed part, the other usually does.

Yeah i agree totally been workin on these old chevy trucks since i was 16 and im now 32 i love these thing sad thing about it at some point we will all be reliant on aftermarket companys who ever has the part is where i go Searching parts is defintely my thing i love part numbers :mrgreen:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over the last few weeks I have purchased a ton of stuff from LMC for my M1028 rebuild. A few items came in damaged in transit, and LMC promptly sent new replacement parts at no charge. Great service. One thing I have noticed, however, is their windshield gaskets are way too big. Just today I had to abandon the LMC gasket and locate a NOS GM gasket instead. Also, the cheap Chinese side marker lenses broke before I could get them installed, so again I had to locate NOS GM lenses at a much higher cost. I guess it all comes down to "getting what you pay for".

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the most part, LMC and Classic Parts (as well as the others) source their parts from the same place. The company that owns The Truck Shop in Orange, CA imports most of the stuff, and is the wholesaler to the others. I was told thjis at swap meet years ago, and I have seen the same stuff, in the same boxes, at everybody's trailers and The Truck Shop is consistantly cheaper on most things than the others. Here's the link to their online catalog.

73-87 Chevy Truck 09 Web - Fullscreen
I have order a few parts for old chevy cars from these guys and I am very happy with the service.

Here is the full web site

Chevy Car Parts | Vintage - GMC Car, Classic Truck Parts

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I use LMC and Classic Industries / Brothers and CPD.
And what Co? That does not have in stock or Carry it the other seem to have it:grd:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks