• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lmcv brakes ?

Chitstirer

looking at getting one of these and just wondering are they running wedge brakes ?? it looks like they are??

also has anyone had to do a re line and where are you guys finding parts for these?

I allready have a deuce, and have had no problems with maintenance or getting parts ....
so I'm hoping this will be similar?

FloridaAKM

Just like the last poster replied, most of your replaceable brake parts are commercial & not too expensive & you don't have to use DOT 5 brake fluid on these trucks ;). I am finishing up my brake repairs on my LMTV as of yesterday got everything working for less than $100.00!

Chitstirer

hmm, ok wedge brakes are kinda old school, Ive just had a major problem finding wedge brake parts for an old ford l9000 ... maybe I've been looking in the wrong spot ?

good to know though!!

thanks!

Ue413

I cannot remember any part numbers, but if you go to the brake section of the parts TM and then google, you'll see all kinds of options with many relatively cheap parts on that famous on-line auction site!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot remember any part numbers, but if you go to the brake section of the parts TM and then google, you'll see all kinds of options with many relatively cheap parts on that famous on-line auction site!
I'd hit Suprman up before eBay. I've gotten better prices and a lot better person to deal with.