• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV air/brake problems

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is troubleshooting flow charts in the TM but the tractor valve is a likely culprit. There are several diaphragms in it, the rebuild kit has them all I believe. I speak with alot of lmtv owners. All of the trucks that sat unused for a period of time, especially in a hot climate seem to have bad diaphragms all around.

FloridaAKM

NAPA has listings for all of the Haldex valves & repair kits, but no available stock anywhere according to my local NAPA store! What is plan "B" for those of us with an airbrake issue with these valves?

RAJ LMTV

NAPA has listings for all of the Haldex valves & repair kits, but no available stock anywhere according to my local NAPA store! What is plan "B" for those of us with an airbrake issue with these valves?
I just replaced the 3 valves above the drivers wheel and ordered the repair kit for the tractor valve yesterday. All thru NAPA. No problem ordering the parts......

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Fleetpride usually has the parts at one days time availability. I'm spoiled I keep parts trucks around so when most things brake I have the parts to swap out.

coachgeo

Don't let that fool you. This does not mean they can't get them. Often when the say that...... it is a fact buttt.... they can order them from them manufacture's own warehoused stock.

FloridaAKM

It also depends on which sales guy you are talking to, some are very helpful & some are........you want parts for that ole army truck, ain't available any where or any more...sorry! They flat said that there is no stock anywhere including the manufacturer.

RAJ LMTV

It also depends on which sales guy you are talking to, some are very helpful & some are........you want parts for that ole army truck, ain't available any where or any more...sorry! They flat said that there is no stock anywhere including the manufacturer.
Definitely depends on who you get. I've been to the same NAPA for parts, most of the guys are worthless. Happened to get one guy who was interested in military vehicles, knew all about NSN and how to cross reference parts. He's the one that got me the various valves and rebuild kit. You might try a different NAPA if possible.

Lmtv772

Banned
I found all the parts I needed at 'find it parts . Com' (no joke)
i bought shuttle valves instead of diaphragm
part # kn25061 for the shuttle valve
part # RN31BC for the tractor protection valve repair kit
both are haldex parts

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Napa isn't very helpful at your local store, look for a heavy duty truck parts place. Near me there is Napa (distribution center), Fleetpride, Truck Pro, and one or two others. All of them can look up the same Haldex part numbers to find what you need.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the difference between the Haldex KN25061 & the KN25060 shuttle valves.......you quoted both in this thread. Which one is correct?
They both serve the same function. The 25060 is what the trucks came with and is a diaphragm type valve. The 25061 is a shuttle type valve.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the difference between the Haldex KN25061 & the KN25060 shuttle valves.......you quoted both in this thread. Which one is correct?
Also worth mentioning, the thread I linked earlier has the part number for the rebuild kit for the 25060 if you wanted to go that route. Not a huge price difference to just buy a whole valve, and you could rebuild your old ones as spares. Just an option.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Thanks for the help, order is placed for replacement valves & repair kits. Thanks for the help & explanations of the parts & where to order them from! You just stomped my local NAPA as far as being helpful on this brake repair job. I had to order an exhaust pipe clamp from them that goes under the cab, that took them 10 days, cost me $40.00 & it didn't fit anything! Returned with a smile!

Again, thank you for the help!

Lmtv772

Banned
Well the difference is that shuttle valves have a pice inside that slides and seals. Deuces have the same valve. It is the sturdier version. Membrane valves have a rubber seal inside that can be rebuilt. I like shuttle valves a lot better. Since they are not much more Price wise

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I have all the parts I ordered last week delivered this morning. Now I can tackle the air leaking problems head on with repair parts in hand. Thanks for the online source!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks