• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

I have one of the Gen 2 units. That is what the info I posted from Red Dot goes with. Hopefully after the Sussex MTA show I will start opening mine up and start on the install. This thread is chock full of great info for this.

scottmandu

2016-02-22 17.37.21.jpg This is the factory pulley. You can probably machine the spacer in the crankshaft but you'd end up with a smaller diameter pulley.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys here's another part to keep your eyes out for and that's the brackets to mount the condenser in the stock location. I'm sure something could be fabbed up but would prefer an original set. Of course my full LMTV dreams are on hold for the moment but I can still try and pick up bits and pieces for later.

AC Condeser1.jpg

scottmandu

Okay guys here's another part to keep your eyes out for and that's the brackets to mount the condenser in the stock location. I'm sure something could be fabbed up but would prefer an original set.

View attachment 614492
What lot# did that image come from?

That mounting location looks very accident prone. Where is this?
Under the radiator.

It looks like the plate is missing though. I've been unable to find those brackets. I have a guy at BAE looking for me and failing providing the parts he said he could get the drawings.

coachgeo

Well as promised, here is the #12 bracket attached to the #15 bracket. 99% sure it is the same set up as Kambku above.
After our Vindors here run out of them...... Too the person who puts these brackets/mounts in CAD form for us so we could take them to a machine shop...... May God bless you in heaven, or May Alah give you 21 virgins PLUS one, or may the Tooth Fairy leave your pillow atop a very large stack of Gold Bullion.:cool:

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Alot of civ kits on the market have add on pulleys its just a matter of finding the right match. The member with the van truck with original ac may be able to measure the pulley diameter on his. The bolt pattern should be common to all 3116/3126 motors.

tybaslee

I have 3 of these looking to horse trade for the other parts I need. Parts needed first and foremost PULLEYS!!, condenser, brackets, compressor 20160407_181558.jpg20160407_181558.jpg20160407_181514.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A very kind guy at Red Dot sent this to me yesterday, a copy of the Gen 1 A/C unit diagram.
Do you think there's any way that "very kind guy" could get you a CAD drawing of the condenser brackets? The actual brackets appear to be hen's teeth but if we had a decent drawing with dimensions I'm guessing they could be fabricated fairly easily.

For those of you who are building your A/C systems or maintaining an existing one, does anyone have any information or reference to adding A/C compressor oil into the system before it is charged. I recall that when I put in a new condenser in my Toyota Land Cruiser I had to add a small amount of special Toyota supplied oil into the system. I may be close to changing out my condenser, air dryer and fan assembly and wonder if this is a consideration for this system.

scottmandu

For those of you who are building your A/C systems or maintaining an existing one, does anyone have any information or reference to adding A/C compressor oil into the system before it is charged. I recall that when I put in a new condenser in my Toyota Land Cruiser I had to add a small amount of special Toyota supplied oil into the system. I may be close to changing out my condenser, air dryer and fan assembly and wonder if this is a consideration for this system.

Yes you will need to add oil. Having too much isn't as critical as not having enough, as the extra will just accumulate in the dryer assembly.

Thanks. After posting I found out that the compressor should come pre-charged with the correct amount of oil. It may say on the compressor how much this is. It is usually a small amount, e.g., 300 cc. If the system is evacuated for service then some or most of the oil would have come out. That being said, it would need to be added back in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks