• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I just purchased one of the inside AC units for the LMTV. Does anyone have any ideas about mounting a compressor on the Cat 3116? I have looked around online but in the current configuration the engine is a little crowded for an AC compressor. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I make a kit that includes an AC mount, 24v 200A alternator and serpentine conversion. PM me if interested.

agazza2

What is the part number for the A/C compressor that works on the 2 part bracket ? Think its a Sanden .
It is a Sanden (4402) SD7H15. I wish I would have kept all my components from my last truck to do the install on the new truck. Prices have went up so much. I am going to see if one of the AC distributor/builders in Phoenix can rework a standard FMTV box and add the AC components if I build the box out the same size as the one that comes with AC.

Last edited:

Jean Pierrd

Just finished installing the AC on my lmtv... I have a slight problem with the AC off the engine fan cycles perfectly at 200°.... When I turn the AC on it's short cycles and will overheat

Sent from my BV5900 using Tapatalk

Ronmar

There is no connection between the A/C and the engine fan. Did you connect any wires t o the fording switch?
Good question. Yep, there should be no connection between the two. The AC controls it’s own condenser fans and the engine fan control should control itself like it always has.

Now if someone got creative and tried to mix in the fording switch to also disable the condenser fans, they may have inadvertently powered the engine fan solenoid from the A/C system which would have disabled the engine fan every time the A/C condenser fans are commanded on(each time the A/C cycles on)... You see the engine fan and fording control is inverse. Power applied thru the fording or thermal switch = engine fan OFF...

Ronmar

Unfortunately what is a fording switch

In the upper left corner of the instrument panel is a switch that will apply 24v to the fan control solenoid valve and force the fan to freewheel/keep it from engaging. It is for driving into/fording deep water where a coupled fan might get damaged…

Jean Pierrd

Unfortunately I got the pre-wired kit from advanced automation out of Texas..... It was all three wired pretty much plug and Play unfortunately there was one wire that wasn't lately when I called him he said he can go to a switch which I didn't understand or ground..... And there's no wiring diagram

Jean Pierrd

The other issue that I'm having is the dash switch lights none of them light up anymore and my turn signals quit. I also have a deuce and a half and a Humvee. The first time I tried to pull something with both the vehicles there were some 12 volt lights in the trailer. They seem to have took out the signal flasher. On the deuce and half and the Hummer it's the same flasher. I know the m1078 has 24 volt and 12 volt connections but when I had to tow my Jeep with it that's what it seemed to quit. And I will rerun that wire just to see what happens.... hope it solves my problem...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The other issue that I'm having is the dash switch lights none of them light up anymore and my turn signals quit. I also have a deuce and a half and a Humvee. The first time I tried to pull something with both the vehicles there were some 12 volt lights in the trailer. They seem to have took out the signal flasher. On the deuce and half and the Hummer it's the same flasher. I know the m1078 has 24 volt and 12 volt connections but when I had to tow my Jeep with it that's what it seemed to quit. And I will rerun that wire just to see what happens.... hope it solves my problem...

Hate to hear it, but there is a spreadsheet maintained by one of our members. Great resource for replacement parts or just the part number for a flasher maybe...

Information on the flasher is Line #80 in the spreadsheet linked above.

Jean Pierrd

I'm all new to this thank you for the link that's awesome... I've had these trucks for a while Stewie never gave me a problem until I finally tried to install the AC... Unfortunately I use her to call the dead cows to the dump they can bury him we can't

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm all new to this thank you for the link that's awesome... I've had these trucks for a while Stewie never gave me a problem until I finally tried to install the AC... Unfortunately I use her to call the dead cows to the dump they can bury him we can't

Glad to help.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Most everybody here jumps in and wants to help. The more details you can give - the better answer you will get because guessing is hard work :)

I hate to hear that your truck has to be on Morgue Duty for the cows.
Hopefully that doesn't have to happen often.
Guess your Stewart does that job well - and a little water hoses down the bed afterward and makes her like new again.

45nrth

I’m in the process of doing this same conversion and I have an extra Compressor mounting bracket for sale if anyone needs one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks