• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv battery wiring diagram

Jrdigs66

I just got my lmtv 1078 from Gov. Planet and having trouble figuring out the battery wiring..
Looking for a diagram but so far not luck.. there is info available but this step seems overlooked probably because it’s so simple
There are 3 wires coming from the starter/alternator direction .. I’m thinking they would be a 12v ‘24v ‘ and ground ? And the nato coupler (maybe) ? With 2 more wires Does it have to be hooked up and what is it for ? Does anybody have a diagram? Or info
Thanks

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search is your friend.

Jrdigs66

Search is your friend.

I have since found the diagram on the back of battery box cover but it doesn't tell me anything about the plug on the side of battery tray .. also there are 2 short wires coming from motor and one long wire and I can't tell which one is the 12 and which is the 24... a diagram that show from alternator and starter to the batteries would help or maybe a few close up pictures of the batteries and the plug on the side of tray..
thanks

Jrdigs66

I have since found the diagram on the back of battery box cover but it doesn't tell me anything about the plug on the side of battery tray .. also there are 2 short wires coming from motor and one long wire and I can't tell which one is the 12 and which is the 24... a diagram that show from alternator and starter to the batteries would help or maybe a few close up pictures of the batteries and the plug on the side of tray..
thanks

Kbarnes0

The cables from the batteries go directly to the Polarity Protection Device mounted behind/under spare tire. Two top studs, bottom studs are 12v/24v in and out. I don't recall what voltage is on what side. I believe they are labeled. The cables continue to be power distribution panel (pdp/ dash) and to the starter /alt.

For your situation. You could disconnect the connections at that ppd box under the tire. Use a meter to check continuity to determine which wire is 12/24v at your box. Then you can hook it up per diagram and see if you are missing anything.

Jrdigs66

This help any? Its a snapshot of one page, but should get you in the ball park. Its in the TM Forum, posted by my good friend Kred.
I got it running today once I got the battery wiring sorted out it fired right up ...
the 2 short wires from the discount under the spare tire hook to the positive terminal on the first battery and the next longer wire goes to the negative terminal on the second battery and the long wire goes to the 4 battery (outside right) negative terminal.. and I didn’t hookup the nato receptacle.. this is the picture I used to help
Thanks for the help an

Attachments

Jrdigs66

Just wanted to thank you guys again for your help!! I have a couple more none issues, door latch and window regulator (needed) air dryer isn’t hooked up but is new just need a fitting that I’ll get tomorrow once it started I checked and it is making air so maybe I’ll get lucky on that too. Everything else looks pretty tight we’ll see.

Attachments

Ronmar

Mind explaining the difference between the A0 and A1 please?
Well the A0 was a mechanical 3116 diesel, the A1 is a HEUI(electronic) 3126 diesel. they can use some different hardware like door handles, but most of the differences are electrical. For instance they used a different power dist panel and idiot light display. They added disconnect relays in the battery box and a alternator sensing load disconnect controller to disconnect badly discharged battery from an overloaded alternator and put them on a trickle charger to save the alternator. The 3126 in the A1 runs a little cleaner, makes a little more power, and has an exhaust brake, but is more complex in terms of injection system and troubleshooting.

beyond that they are basically the same…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks