• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV bed

tobyS

Bought this and am wondering what the pull out tubes are for. They appear to be a stabilizer of some type. Also, what are all the other stowage places for? They look like a great place for some custom made slide in tool boxes.

Attachments

tobyS

Can you tell what model this bed is from? Obviously not a 1082. I'm not familiar with LMTV

If I make a trailer, I wonder what purpose they could be used for, if anything.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is from a newer style Oshkosh M1078A1. Possibly an A1P2. The stowage doors are for the drop-down side panels when you remove them to use the bed as a flatbed.

The sling supports are heavy and don't add a lot of value if you are going to use the bed on a trailer. I have seen people remove them and create a slide-in box that goes in that space.

m1078_uparmored_02_of_35.jpg

Last edited:

tobyS

I have about 15% of a cool truck. I'm going to take pictures of the four places in the bed for some tube structure to go into on top of the bed. They have some type of a plug, but must have some purpose as they extend through the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks