• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Cargo Cover install questions

MRAP DREAM GIRL

Okay so we finally found the correct pages in The t m of how to install and uninstall the bow set in cargo cover good to go on that. However, I have not been of the source those straps I did try and reach out to valence but have not had luck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay so we finally found the correct pages in The t m of how to install and uninstall the bow set in cargo cover good to go on that. However, I have not been of the source those straps I did try and reach out to valence but have not had luck.
The only time you would need those straps is if you drive at highway speeds with the vinyl tarp sides rolled up. If the sides are lashed down the top can’t suck off.

MRAP DREAM GIRL

How does soldier a handle knowing the truck could shake off it’s air compressor, alternator or fan any time it feels like it? Kinda always in the back of my mind while driving these.
Well my former daily driver named Matilda is an M35 bobbed Deuce our camper is a 923 A1 and now we have Sybil The LMTV. I think we both accept that it's the nature of the beast with military trucks that you drive them you break them you fix them lol

Third From Texas

Also, I'd make the straps a few inches longer if you do make your own.

I know you guys want only 100% OEM but I add a few inches of (removable) height to my frames by inserting a 2" collar/spacer. A few inches make a HUGE difference (I've seen guys go taller by making extensions for each leg but I suspect 4" is about the max before the tarp won't reach the bedside). The canopy shade is a popular attraction at the beach all the time and the stock height is a bit low, IMO.

20190406_124448.jpg

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you've sent me a message here on SteelSoldiers, sorry but it's not showing me any messages from you. I don't have those plastic slides or plastic D-rings on hand, but they'd probably be easy to get. I also don't have that *exact* black webbing - the black mil-spec webbing I have is a heavier/thicker spec. I do have the grommets (in bright brass, zinc silver, or black). So Third From Texas is correct, those look very easy to make and you probably could even sew it on a home sewing machine - I'd recommend you use an outdoor rated thread if you choose to make them yourself.

Any leather, shoe, canvas, tarp sewing place can make them. If you know anyone with a heavy-duty sewing machine, there's not much stitching involved and the D-rings are commonly found all over the place.

MRAP DREAM GIRL

Just a quick note. Yesterday we installed my no new bow set and bed crane. I have not been able to source the 18 foot straps that go down the center to hold everything together so, Soldier A did a little Harbor Freight trick for 12 bucks and it seems to work just fine. We are still waiting for the last parts needed to make the hold down straps and then we can fab those up and install.

In the mean time my lights are surging when the engine is running so, we have to start figuring that out now :mad: IMG_1734.JPGIMG_1735.JPGIMG_1732.JPGIMG_1733.JPG

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. Valence can make those stupid long straps so you can replace the temporary orange ones. Suggest you start a different thread for the surging issue. Check belt tension. Check battery terminals. Check LBCD for bad connections.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone explain what the bow tiedown straps attach to on the bed, also the tm number to install the bows and bed cover. I had it last week and cant seem to locate it now in the tm's

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone explain what the bow tiedown straps attach to on the bed, also the tm number to install the bows and bed cover. I had it last week and cant seem to locate it now in the tm's
If your talking about the straps on the bows with the triangle rings, they attach to the "J" hooks on the outside of the side panels. See number 021-23 on the attached PDF.

Here's the Cargo Cover and Installation/Removal instructions that I have for my MTV M1083A1. It should similar be to your LMTV just a little shorter.

Hope this helps.

Tom.

Attachments

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your talking about the straps on the bows with the triangle rings, they attach to the "J" hooks on the outside of the side panels. See number 021-23 on the attached PDF.

Here's the Cargo Cover and Installation/Removal instructions that I have for my MTV M1083A1. It should similar be to your LMTV just a little shorter.

Hope this helps.

Tom.
Thank you. I saw the holes directly below the bow and thought something was missing. never occurred to me that they would hook at an angle which makes perfect sense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks