• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Cat oil filter numbers and yes I did try searching

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil Filter = 1R-1807
Fuel Filter = 1R-0751
Water Separator Filter ?

This is for an LMTV with CAT 3116 engine. Not sure about filters for the newer engines.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS member Auctionaddict has a kit of FMTV maintenance parts in the classifieds: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...l-trans-filter-kit-1079-stewart-and-stevenson

It's a great source for parts for us FMTV newbies.

A possible heads up on that CAT IR-0751 fuel filter. My early LMTV requires a shorter filter due to the power steering pump being located below the filter mount. Too bad because the IR-0751 is a 2 micron filter [edit: but 7" long]short fuel filter.jpg. The shorter filter my M-1078 needs is a 7E9763 [edit: 5.5 inches, shown in the picture], a shorter filter but still good for 4 micron filtration. Auctionaddict's kit has one of those.

The Racor pre-filter (with the priming pump) element is Racor R45P, a 30 micron pre-filter. I substituted a Racor R45T, a 10 micron filter. Since I run nothing but the best Diesel I can find, at the most active Diesel pumps, a 'tighter' filter shouldn't plug things up too much faster, but YMMV if you go to the R45T. A NAPA 34407 is supposed to be a replacement and it specs at 30 micron so is a reasonable replacement.

My local Auto store cross-referenced the CAT primary fuel filter and recommended a Baldwin filter (and I won't even give the number). I looked it up and it was a 30 (!!!) micron filter. No thinks, might as well not have a final filter.

Bob

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks