LMTV Coolant Leak Diagnosis Suggestions

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

dbeasty

I have developed a relatively small coolant leak.

I have located some light fluid slow drip on the radiator bottom on one side, but do not know exactly where exactly is the source of the leak.

Any suggestions on how to track this leak?
Any good pressure test tools that fit LMTV fill cap and what pressure should I pump it up , or shall I get dye so I have easier time to locate it?

Reworked LMTV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can rent a a cooling system pressurizer from auto zone or another part from hell store. Should have A- dapters. DO NOT exceed the manufacture's PSI rating for the cooling system, or you may be doing a head gasket in your future. You can also use a dye kit and UV flashlight.

dbeasty

I did look at for a while and it really "seems" the small dripping leak is dripping from front bottom radiator tub, did check all the hoses, radiator sides nothing... The pressure tester is on the way, any idea how much PSI I should apply?
Almost tempted to use some kind of radiator coolant sealant solutiuon..but not sure what would be long term drawbacks.

Kbarnes0

I did look at for a while and it really "seems" the small dripping leak is dripping from front bottom radiator tub, did check all the hoses, radiator sides nothing... The pressure tester is on the way, any idea how much PSI I should apply?
Almost tempted to use some kind of radiator coolant sealant solutiuon..but not sure what would be long term drawbacks.
I wouldn't run a leak stop. If you just want to (try) fix the leak without concern of other items in the system being reduced performance or problems you can do that. I would only use it on a rig that I don't care about. Half the time the result is you are diving back in to fix it the correct way. Then you see what that stuff does.

With your tester you should be able to see the location. Look at your radiator cap and see what the pressure rating is. I believe mine is 16lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks