• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV CTIS Parts

Hwhomes

The technical manual I have appears to differ slightly from the ctis hub assembly I have. As near as I can tell I need the part that contains the valve stem that screws into the pneumatic valve and is used to air up the tire manually. It snapped off. Also the angle valve that turns 90 degrees and connects to the wheel.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The part that sticks up and has a screw head in the center is a quick release valve so you can flatten the tire if you need to. You can replace the whole assembly with one that does not have that valve. I cant see where it broke off from your pics. Post some of the wheel. There are 2 different sizes of valve stems depending on what wheel you have.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Ok. I dont usually see the quick release valve mounted to the ctis valve. I have replacement valves there is a standard schrader valve in the place where your part broke off.
Will

Hwhomes

Ok so I should be able to simply tab the broken piece out and put in a new one. Any idea of a source for the angle fitting? The female part that threads onto the rube from the wheel is bent or crushed.

Hwhomes

Yeah no spare. The rig came with five spares with brand new tires. While the tires are the right size the wheels have different bolt patterns. No idea what they are for.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You dont want to put that whole quick release valve piece back on it didnt belong there in the first place. I have new replacement valves with the proper piece. You can temporarly screw a bolt or something in the hole to plug it. You might be able to use a small screwdriver or half a needlenose pliars to jam in and back the broken piece out.

Hwhomes

so the part in the left pic, the one with my hand visible is called the "Air Transport Valve (Optional)" What does it do and why would I need it? Where can I get the part that doesn't include it? I am guessing if the air transport valve is removed it becomes a simply brass elbow fitting?Where does one find a user manual and parts manual to learn and understand how the CTIS system works?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks