• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV CTIS Question

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all the ones posted on eBay bad? I know you're a capable eBay hound, but I see them posted all the time (I just never look closely at them).

snowtrac nome

I have one that is kind of bad, it works for a while than out of the blue starts with the 5 lights after a while. I know the controller is the problem, because I swapped it with a spare I found in my truck when I got it. I was always able to shut the truck down for a few minutes and re start it again and it would function again properly for a while.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I will see what I have Monday. They are not too expensive. I will warn you I have had ones that are happy in my test truck then not so much in others. Clean your wire harness plug connection lightly with an eraser.

Sgthoffer

I will see what I have Monday. They are not too expensive. I will warn you I have had ones that are happy in my test truck then not so much in others. Clean your wire harness plug connection lightly with an eraser.
I will try the eraser. The blinking mine is making means what? I know bad, but why is it bad?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I just watched your vid. Never seen that before. If they were all flickering I would say it could be harness/connection loss of power issue. But the highway light stays on. It's not supposed to do that. It's not a flashing scheme the lights do when there is an error. It's just going haywire.

Stellaevil

673990 "Green ECU" These older ECUs are finding some going bad now.
676486 "Black ECU" Updated Replacement. May be hard to find aftermarket. Does have 1708 and CAN communications; if your truck has the 9 pin round/black service connector by the drivers left knee. Or you create a breakout cable between ECU and harness. Then can use diagnostic software from Dana to view fault codes and manually control the system for troubleshooting issues.

Stellaevil

Updated Troubleshooting Guide
FMTV Wiring was not correct.
[h=1]Forum: Technical Manuals[/h]https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?175911-Central-Tire-Inflation-System-(CTIS)-AXTS-0015-2018

lrholding

I have read many threads but have yet to see a description of the fault i am seeing, upon start up the highway light flashes for a few seconds then the run flat,only joins in and flashes.....tires will eventually loose air pressure???

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The system does a pressure test, sees low and sends air which is diluted thru the bad hub seal leak and tricks the wheel valves to dump. Do you hear a siren sound?

lrholding

No sound other than what i believe is the QRV or wheel valve opening to release air sporadically....Initially the HWY light would flash for longer before run flat joined in, now it is almost instantaneous....tires hold air. I was thinking pressure sensor/transducer of manifold may be whacky?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Wheel valves cant just dump air. The manifold has to send a certain pressure to hold them open to allow for air dumping. Could be the manifold but if the system flashes hwy and then goes to run flat it seems to be sensing low tire pressure.

lrholding

hmmm....can I fool the system by connecting 55 psi air tank to line feeding T, that feeds both QRVs? This would eliminate any issues downstream of that point?? Or is my thinking faulty here??

New to site, so not sure if we should have this conversation off of this thread????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks