• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV door lock key

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The door lock uses an older Volvo key blank. I took the lock out and up to my local locksmith and he figured it out. When I got back I tried the key in the passenger side and it did not work so different keys. The lock cylinder is held together with roll pins he didnt want to take it apart for fear of it not going back together. The marking on the back of the lock cylinder did not cross reference to anything. I found Volvo door handles online they are very similar but I didnt see any with the bolt hole where the FMTV ones mount.

lmtv key.jpg

Shark Bait

Mine used older Land Rover keys if I remember correctly. The locksmith tried Volvo keys per my recommendation from someone else, no luck, he then tried others and it was older Land Rover. Both doors were also keyed different from each other but he fixed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks