• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv/fmtv air/crane attachment behind cab

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the main chunk can be used for base of mounting a Roll Over Protection bar. Something to consider with these tin foil cabs.
Wow. I never thought to google lmtv accidents until now. If there were a series of cheap LTAS cabs to hit the market, I would be in line to get one after looking at these photos. Hopefully my box will provide a fulcrum point to keep the cab from being completely crushed, but this is something to consider.

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was good to meet you as well. My concern is also weight, as well as height. i have no qualms removing my lift arch, although I am not really removing it as it is being repurposed into the habitat floor. As a rear “bumper”. That is where my taillights are going to reside.

View attachment 905505

As some reference material, the Steyr trucks do not have anything in that area. I used to have a good pic of one of their cab suspension systems that shows that area well, but cannot find it now. Probably deleted it as I am going to keep air. Here is a Steyr cab and chassis pic.

View attachment 905503
You are a wealth of good ideas and info. Looking at how you are mounting that in the rear, that is a perfect and robust enough point to mount a swing out spare tire carrier.

Ronmar

You are a wealth of good ideas and info. Looking at how you are mounting that in the rear, that is a perfect and robust enough point to mount a swing out spare tire carrier.
Perhaps, that is a heavy wheel assembly... I will be welding mine to the upper channel that I am converting into my floor structure. It will partially support my wheel, but I will also be adding additional steel plates diagonally upward thru my hab that tie the wheel weight back into the upper frame rail itself, as well as tiei g to the upper rear hab structure. This diagonal support/triangulation will be hidden inside as dividers in the kitchen cabinets that will run across the rear of the hab.

coachgeo

It should. I've seen a couple M1079's that rolled and the cab damage was minimal compared to the crushed M1078's I've seen. It speaks volumes for the rugged nature of the AAR habitat frame.
yes on M1079 helping. Or Ambulance box (non military) which is designed to also take a roll if you adapt and mount correctly. (better the Ambo builder more this is true) The A piller seems to be the weak point on the cab.

Not sure on the pre-fab camper boxes or prefab walls roofs etc. you can buy (composite walls)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks