• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV FMTV Heater Fan/Blower Switch Failure & Repair

f8617

The heater fan blower switch was working intermittently, so with winter coming...

Failure: Corrosion leading to poor connections and potential fire hazard...possibly due to build-up on switch of dry-rotted foam dust from sound-deadening material used in the heater compartment.

Replacement part: Four Seasons 35701 Rotary Selector Blower Switch (off Am-zon)....I could NOT source the original INDAK PN 222796, NSN 5930-01-424-5755.

Pixs:
IMG_2509.jpg IMG_2494.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2495.jpg

f8617

I forgot to add...I broke off the connector marked "C" off of the replacement part #35701.
Warning/caveat --- I was unable to confirm #35701 specifications and its compatibility with this 24v load application...so far everything works and its not smoking....perhaps I'll avoid using the fan's highest speed.