• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv gladhands

Sgthoffer

What tools can you operate off these gladhands? I see this is available. How many psi is expelled through the gladhands? Can you run an impact gun?

71hJxkL+4JL._SL1500_.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Air impacts won't do much off of the truck tanks unless you add about 3 or 4 extra tanks. Get a torque multiplier lug wrench for tires. or a Robogun if you can find one. Everything else should be electric. either 18v Milwaukee fuel series or 20v dewalt. I use my air hose and gladhand connector for my air/hydraulic jack and that is it and airing up tires.

I use a Dewalt 20v Brushless XR 1/2" impact and i carry it everywhere. It has no problem busting lug nuts and is far more versatile than any large air impact.

You would be better off making your own air line out of 1/2" and being able to run an impact the more volume the better. The little dinky 3/8 line doesnt have much coming thru it. I suggest only using the air line for a jack and airing tires up and get an electric gun.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The milwaukee cordless stuff is the best I have found so far. Better than the snapon one I have. And costs alot less. Best way to get air is adding your own access off one of the tanks. The lmtv has a dual piston compressor it builds air pretty fast. The roboimpact is good for a humvee.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the Milwaukee Fuel M18 1/2 inch impact. I changed three tires on my LMTV off and on with half a battery. It never even struggled. Checked every lug with a torque wrench and they were all at or over the required torque.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run a 1" Ingersoll Rand impact gun using 1/2" hose from the emergency glandhand all the time. Compressor keeps up with it no prob. Cute Milwaukee tools? Dont think so.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run a 1" impact also off of the gladhands, but you do have to let the truck catch up, If I have it with me I put a 10gal. air tank inline and that works well.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run a 1" Ingersoll Rand impact gun using 1/2" hose from the emergency glandhand all the time. Compressor keeps up with it no prob. Cute Milwaukee tools? Dont think so.
cute? No I will out do any 1" impact running off the gladgands any day of the week. Do what you want. I know what works.

coachgeo

When it comes to portable electric vs Air guns...... it is really about cost not ability to do the job. IMHO..... the battery ones..... will eventually need new batteries five or six times over before you would need to replace an air compressor that was used only with the gun. That is just not cost effective. Honestly I prefer corded electric impacts for some things. air for others.

BTW...... we have a thread in here on pretty much this same topic only a short while back. Tis why one should always search first ! (granted the search feature in here sucks)

Update.... ok now I feel real old. Having remembered there was a similar thread, thus just searched to find it.... found it only to discover that I was the one who started the thread..... AND FORGOT that completely. :cookoo:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164797

Last edited:

Sgthoffer

When it comes to portable electric vs Air guns...... it is really about cost not ability to do the job. IMHO..... the battery ones..... will eventually need new batteries five or six times over before you would need to replace an air compressor that was used only with the gun. That is just not cost effective. Honestly I prefer corded electric impacts for some things. air for others.

BTW...... we have a thread in here on pretty much this same topic only a short while back. Tis why one should always search first ! (granted the search feature in here sucks)

Update.... ok now I feel real old. Having remembered there was a similar thread, thus just searched to find it.... found it only to discover that I was the one who started the thread..... AND FORGOT that completely. :cookoo:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164797
I saw that thread, but assumed it was about air tools and not specific to the LMTV. All other threads when I "Searched" we specific to dueces and other equipment since I typed in "Gladhands" as my keyword. I will read your thread as well. Thank you for the link.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks