• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV parts questions

reelclassic

I recently purchased a LMTV with a 3126 Caterpillar diesel. I am missing a couple parts and need help with serial numbers. There is a bracket
that holds the CE Neihoff alternator to the block. I have the bracket that the alternator attaches to with long bolt and smaller bolt - but there is another small bracket that holds it to the block. Also, there is a bracket on the front of the engine that holds the tensioner and pulley. Really need help determining part numbers for
these. On another note, is there a trick to starting the LMTV. When I press the red ignition button I get nothing. Do you have to hold the brake pedal???
Thanks for your help!

Blackmagic94

Yeah turn the master power switch on upper right of dash, I think its green, then hit red start button, you may need to hand or foot throttle to keep it initially running if its cold and has not ran for a while. When you turn the master power switch on, you should hear the low air alarm scream in your air, if you are not hearing that then you may have some dead batteries.

dalej

There is a solenoid beside the starter that energizes starter solenoid. Mine had a lot of white silicone goo on it. When mine wouldn't start one time it was a broken eye connector on that solenoid. Another time it was a broken eye connector on the starter solenoid. I have taken all them apart and checked them all, no troubles starting after that. It was a hard one to find. When I energized the engine with the green rocker switch it sounded normal but then nothing with the push button (red) switch.

I clean all the white goo off and used Dielectric grease on the connections.

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a master switch under the NATO slave plug box on the A1 model, and 1 toggle switch to the left of the steering column.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a master switch under the NATO slave plug box on the A1 model, and 1 toggle switch to the left of the steering column.
Thanks, Guess my 1994 is not an A1 model. My slave plug is not in a box, just bracketed. Disconnecting 12 and 24v cables for electrical service is a real hassle.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, what are folks doing for this? Battery disconnect that it is on the 1078?
So many new Mil trucks and all MHE have battery disconnects built in and are part of pre and post operating use.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The truck has a dual voltage 12/24 system. It is shared and not independent. You can disconnect both positives off the batteries. There are 12 and 24 volt that go up to the polarity protection block under the spare tire and there is another 24 volt positive lead that goes to the starter.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
First gen trucks are mechanical 3116. A1 trucks till around early 2005 I believe are 3126 with computer then C7 computerized after that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks