• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV prices

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fewer being sold up there. You can pay more initially if you don't have to add shipping costs all the way across the country.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last couple were north of 25K with fees. That's more than a shipping offset.
You also have people in the area with stupid amounts of Microsoft and Amazon money (not that I wouldn't like to have that problem). They can afford to pay more.

There were also ones showing up in Iowa a few months back bringing those amounts. They wound up being relisted multiple times. Just because someone bids that much doesn't mean they're paying that much.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You also have people in the area with stupid amounts of Microsoft and Amazon money (not that I wouldn't like to have that problem). They can afford to pay more.
The union of stupid amounts of tech money, interested in surplus trucks and willing to take the government auction risk is a pretty small set. The folks willing to spend the stupid amounts of money also want a turn key solution, or want a cheap project.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other thing to keep in mind is the added value of going and seeing a vehicle in person. GP is getting better at descriptions but there is no replacement for seeing a vehicle in person. I got a 2004 from out of state with 2,700 miles on it and someone had swapped the tires out for a set where 5 of the 6 were bad (dangerous to drive it off the trailer into the driveway bad). They also swapped the military batteries for low-powered civi batteries, and did a few other things that would have shown up on an in-person inspection. I am still happy with the truck, but will be in it a few thousand more than I had planned.

There aren't many that come up for sale in the Northwest so if someone wants one, they pay a premium, fly out to see it and hope it is what they want, or roll the dice on the GP description.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last couple were north of 25K with fees. That's more than a shipping offset.
well then I guess my 1994 m1078 with high speed gears, and half the a/c parts is for sale LOL. It's a two owner unit, only driven by responsible personnel, has original interior and upgraded 200amp alternator for keeping all of your electronics charged. It can be had for the low low price of 30k :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks