• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV rims on the m35a2

Hummer Guy

Can someone tell me whether or not the LMTV rims would bolt right on to the M35a2. I notice the adapter plate I had bought doesn't fit on these rims, it seems pretty close to the m35a2 bolt pattern but its hard to tell. If these don't fit, is there any adapter plate available for it?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would the HEMTT wheels fit directly on the LMTV tires? I already have those MRAP plates which fits on the HEMTT wheels but I really didn't feel like fighting with removing rims.
If your adapter plates are won't fit the bolt pattern on the lmtv wheels then they don't fit the hemtt wheels.

Mrap patterns are larger and metric.

Hemtt and lmtv use Budd SAE

Hummer Guy

If your adapter plates are won't fit the bolt pattern on the lmtv wheels then they don't fit the hemtt wheels.

Mrap patterns are larger and metric.

Hemtt and lmtv use Budd SAE
Hmm, maybe it is MRAP rims I got, I thought they was for the HEMTT. They're the 53 inch tires, here's a picture of the ones I had the plates on, which rims are these?

Attachments

Hummer Guy

A better look at the 2 different wheels, they seem pretty closely identical in terms of where the studs are. I'm going to check tomorrow and see why I couldn't get the adapter plate to fit on the LMTV one. Maybe because I was trying to put the plate on the inside of the wheel instead of the outside?

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A better look at the 2 different wheels, they seem pretty closely identical in terms of where the studs are. I'm going to check tomorrow and see why I couldn't get the adapter plate to fit on the LMTV one. Maybe because I was trying to put the plate on the inside of the wheel instead of the outside?
Budd wheels are tapered like the one on the right.

The ones on the left are not. I bet they are 285mm hub pilot. Hub Pilot wheels are not tapered for the lugs

See if there are any numbers on the wheel on the left.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question comes to mind, can just the front lip piece be changed from the LMTV wheel to the MRAP or is them outside bolts a different pattern too?
Just compare the number of bolts on both wheels....

(And there are many more reasons, for the answer being a big NO.)

kenn

This topic seems to get quite a bit of attention over and over so I'll add my .02. I've considered these options: stay with the 9R20 but all the excess inventory is pretty dry rotted. Find some 11R20s that are maybe a bit newer all around so I'm still "stock looking". G177s on stock rims. Or super single it with the 395s. On that note, it seems like your choice is M35A3 wheels if you can find them and they seem to be about $250 to $300 each. Eastern surplus custom made split wheels (not split rings) which I think go for about $350 each last I checked if they are even still available. Or MRAP wheels which I have seen as low as $100 plus $100 minimum for the correct adapter plates. Depending on your ultimate solution you may need o rings, tubes, tube protectors, or valve stems bits to get to the finish line. If there are any other "bolt-on" options out there, I'd love to hear it but I never did find anything different than above.

I will have to do something, at some point soon, as I have 3 very questionable tires in intermediate and rear axles and I don't really want to throw good money after bad.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't find those plates, I only seen the ones from the MRAP to deuce and a half

Yep, sorry I had a brain fart, you need MRAP wheels for those adapters. Some used to play with adapters for the FMTV bolt pattern but didn’t really take off due to having to cut the wheel centers out.

ToddJK

The adapter plates fit on the inside of the MRAP rims as shown below. You can do the A3 style of rims for the bigger tires, the MRAP rims with adapter plates,or the stock rims with 11x20's. I wouldn't through the 395's on the stock rims though, it's a really tight fit for the wider tire and I'm not entirely sure how good or bad idea that truly is, but it looks like it's not a good idea.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The adapter plates fit on the inside of the MRAP rims as shown below. You can do the A3 style of rims for the bigger tires, the MRAP rims with adapter plates,or the stock rims with 11x20's. I wouldn't through the 395's on the stock rims though, it's a really tight fit for the wider tire and I'm not entirely sure how good or bad idea that truly is, but it looks like it's not a good idea.
395s will fit on 10in or 11inch wide wheels per the goodyear manual.

Attachments