• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV seat options for three kids and two adults

Ukraine Train

I'd like to get some seats so my wife and 3 kids can ride in the truck with me. I think I can leave the driver's seat as-is, put some rails on the passenger seat so it can slide forward, remove the center seat, and put a bench across the back. I need to be able to put three booster seats on the back row. Any suggestions on what to use? Maybe a shallow bench from an extended cab pickup? The kids' seats would have to all be on the center and right side because I need my seat to stay all the way back.

Instead of removing the center seat, how about adding two "jump" seats, one on each side. They could function like in the photo below (from a Chevy S10) but you could affix them so they don't necessarily fold up.

80294653.jpg

Ukraine Train

I thought of the jump seat, but I tried shoving one of the booster seats in sideways behind the driver's seat and it won't fit. It might work on the passenger side if I put that seat on rails and move it forward. Might have to drop by the pull-a-part and see what might work.

gavland

I bin trying to figure out the same thing for my self, but I only need 2 boosters.
the s10 seat was my first idea. I have seen seats for sail that move back and forth more than the 1088 do.(wife can be crammed lol)
so a small bench if I can find one, mite fit behind passenger seat.

dilligaf13

I would stay away from using jump seats that face sideways. The booster seats and three point seat belts are not designed for lateral movement. All the vehicles that used the side facing jump seats (S10 and FJ40 land cruisers) did so under an era of much different safety standards. Would a cut down (shortened for height) bench seat from a M939 or M35 fit back there?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys you must be envisioning the rear area of an extended cab pickup. The FMTV cab barely has enough room behind the seat for a MT-6352 Sincgars mount longways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks