• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Shocks Absorbers

charlesrg

Third From Texas

Any updates as to a reasonable replacement shock with a manufacture and part number?? The Fox shocks are MIA now
Saw a guy on FB that was running King 2.5 Smoothie Bypass.

I think the Kings he ran were 21.25” compressed and 35.25" extended.
Stock LMTV shocks are 20.94” compressed and 33.26” extended.

No info on valving.

coachgeo

Ian on FB is the fellow running the Kings.

His is an RV build and he also has some sort of air-bag support going on.

View attachment 884250
discussion seems there seems to point out that the reason the 2.5? inch shock he ordered works is because of the air bags theoretically acting as additional load/shock benefit. The other ones King made (but stopped?) for these trucks were larger diameter pistons??.. 3 or 3.5 if recall right.

Last edited:

coachgeo

I am thinking the air bags were more to compensate all the added weight to maintain ride height on his build… In the end Springs don't necessarily dampen motion energy, they store and release it and some energy is lost in the conversion and release.
agree the initial intent was to compensate for additional load. Was under impression their addition also factored into the shock decisions. Could be (likely am) wrong though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks