• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Spicer bolt thread

mildoc

It appears the threads that the Spicer bolt/banjo bolt goes into are stripped. It looked like it was 5/8" 20thread but that still won't allow the bolt even to start. I looked up the 673998 specs and they don't seem to match up.

Any ideas to the bolt/thread size of this one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Take a picture of the location and what is stripped out on the truck. Some parts get different variants/ updates depending on WMOs or services done.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Other number for a coarse thread bolt is 673608. Dunno if those specs help you or not.

Your bolt you posted and the one being sold on ebay look similar in size.

mildoc

It is for the hose that attaches to the wheel for the CTIS. Where this hose attaches. This isn't my photo, I will take one of my wheel tomorrow but this is the hose I have. The old bolt was completely stripped of threads and barely holding in.
unnamed.jpg

mildoc

It looks like just the first few threads are damaged. I will try to find a tap to see if I can clean them up and if not, then on to the next step.

mildoc

So here is the information I can pass on for the repair if anyone has this issue. Banjo bolt is 18mm 1.5 threads. A 16.5mm drill bit isn't easy to find but a 5/8 drilled it out for the tap. I'm not sure what hollow stud was in it before but there was no way it was even close to the 18mm since the 5/8 drill bit took a good amount of material before I cut the threads.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
here is another good tip, if you ever need a tap, NEVER buy one from NAPA. they are junk made in China and are not even close to sharp. Will not even work as a thread chaser.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
So here is the information I can pass on for the repair if anyone has this issue. Banjo bolt is 18mm 1.5 threads. A 16.5mm drill bit isn't easy to find but a 5/8 drilled it out for the tap. I'm not sure what hollow stud was in it before but there was no way it was even close to the 18mm since the 5/8 drill bit took a good amount of material before I cut the threads.
This is incorrect. It is not 18mm 1.5. It is 5/8 18 but not regular thread or NPT. I think it is ORB thread type but am still trying to figure it out myself for sure. ORB makes sense though since it is all made from hydraulic fittings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks