• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV splash guards

Asymair95

Does anyone know if the splash guards for the front wheels from an A1 lmtv will fit an AO lmtv? I have seen some that other guys have fabricated, but I’d like to stay with something more factory. I’ve attached some pics from another members truck who has them installed. I’m tired of the mud flinging all over my truck.

BEC50124-4760-468A-AF08-72849307EDFF.jpeg

Attachments

Asymair95

Superman,
Do you know if the splash guards fit the AO? I’d be ok with the hydraulic reservoir holder that Andy posted too, but I doubt I’d be able to find that.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Winch trucks have the hyd reservoir. The slanted part pictured is a storage rack, usually only found on a1 trucks but it will fit a first gen truck as long as you dont have a hyd setup in the way. You could probably make up something like it though.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Superman,
Do you know if the splash guards fit the AO? I’d be ok with the hydraulic reservoir holder that Andy posted too, but I doubt I’d be able to find that.
That's a homemade holder not factory. A few pieces of angle and some sheet metal.

Third From Texas

Yes, that’s what I was thinking. But, finding an A1 parts truck to grab that from is going to be problematic. Guess I’m going to have to fire up the mig.
The mount that extends back part way under the lift beam and makes a hanger for the top of the cover is the only real detailed fab. I've even seen a few folks who made these do it a couple other ways.

After that, I would drop a "box" or "open box" in there and reclaim as much carry space as possible. My genset lives there now, but oh how I miss just tossing the cooler and chairs on and hitting the beach (instead of having to get the ladder down and load it all).

20191012_182059.jpg

Asymair95

Nice set up you have there Chris. Do you have to unbolt anything to raise the cab? Hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like it attaches to the top fender?

Third From Texas

Nice set up you have there Chris. Do you have to unbolt anything to raise the cab? Hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like it attaches to the top fender?
It's the exact same mount as the OP pic. The angled cover was only done on M1078 and M1079 A1 trucks I think. They were specifically for the chalks and chains. Mine is stock A1R and I suspect they found the final design more versatile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks