• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV winch harness mystery connector

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm transplanting a winch off an M1083A0 (6x6) to my M1078A0 (4x4). The winch harness had this little pigtail on the portion that routes over toward the PTO. The grey weatherpak connector clips onto the harness, and the green end goes onto <SOMETHING>. Any idea what it's for? I can't seem to find any mating connectors on the transmission, PTO, or anything reachable from that area (with the PTO's connector attached to the harness being the limiting factor).

Is it for something unique to the 6x6, such as the extra transmission cooler and fans?

LMTVWinchHarnessMysteryConnector.jpg

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a reasonable search, I can't find anything this goes to. It's possible it goes to something I can't see well, which is why I'm asking. Whatever it is, it would has to be near the PTO, on the driver's side of the transmission.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you post more photos of the connector ends? I don't recognize that plug on the PTO harness from the A0 on Ramdough's truck. The green end in your hand almost looks like it broke off something.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you post more photos of the connector ends? I don't recognize that plug on the PTO harness from the A0 on Ramdough's truck. The green end in your hand almost looks like it broke off something.
I don't have it handy at the moment, but the grey end is just a standard 2-pin "weather pack" connector. The mating weather pack connector is on the winch harness, and this little pigtail plugs into.

The green connector does not appear broken. I had the same thought at first, so I looked at it carefully. It almost looks like a lightbulb socket, but they are no threads in it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There are 2 different switches. Its a common switch on the web. Find it parts. Drive train America. Etc

You have a pressure lubed PTO but I will post both # for future reference

Without pressure lube PTO the part # is Chelsea 379502

With pressure lubed PTO the part # is Chelsea 379724

Its a pressure switch that shuts the PTO down in the event of no pressure from the lube system i bet. Or it is a shut off for a different system if the pto has an external solenoid to deliver the pressure for activation

Or it is for a dash light. No telling how they use the switch without tracking wires

Figure 243 #6 in the TM

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks