• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV working at the mine

Shark Bait

I helped a large, local coal operation locate and acquire the LMTV a few years ago. 2015 I think it was. They originally wanted it as a inexpensive "parts runner" on the job. They had always bought Ford cab and chassis F-350's before and put a flat bed on them. The guys would ruin them in less than a year and at $50k+ each, they wanted a different option. They purchased this truck for a fifth of the price of a new Ford and put it to work. It did great, however, the warehouse guys hated driving it. My guess was no stereo. They used the excuse of no A/C. That's why you see the RV unit on top. We installed an inverter to power that big unit. It will freeze you out! I also installed a CB and two way radio. Then the guys complained it rode too rough. The company added a nice spring seat out of an Isuzu cab over truck. Still the guys whined. Finally, they quit using it for running parts and put the steam/pressure washer and tank on it. I only see it sit now when I go up there. It's almost like a sad puppy that's made to stay on the porch. Lol.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

snowtrac nome

I don't know what the beef is the only complaint I have about mine is climbing in. I drive a f550 at work its a pig the ride will jar your guts out and the turning radius is like a hemmtt. My best guess is like you say no radio and cant do 80mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks