• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load rating for 1078 front and rear axles?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am sure the -10 will have loaded front/rear axle weight, if you do not go over that, you should be ok.

Last edited:

PBR street gang

Thanks Ron. What is the "-10". Is that a section in the technical manuals? The plow installer wants to know the axle ratings and the GVW in order to size the plow. Once I pick the plow, then I can pick the PTO pump that I am going to mount to the blank on the Allison MD3070P.

PBR street gang

I see the -10 is the Operators Manual. I am not sure if I divide the GVW by 2 for the front axle rating. Would you know where to look for the weight of the cab after up armoring? Do they need to add a leaf spring to the pack? All it says about the axle is Manufacturer (Rockwell). I will try to get a number off of the axle itself. I am also confused about the towing capacity. it is rated in the -10 as 12000 lbs, however it is permissible to tow a fully loaded LMTV (22000 lbs) flat with another LMTV.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like gvw is 11,000 each axle, would not matter on up armoring, still same gvw. I for one would not up armor a fmtv, whole truck is to flimsy and to easy to take out = JUNK built by the low bidder.