• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loaded overnight, is this ok?

Deuce_of_Spades

I want to take the deuce to pick up a load of slag om my way to work. Then go to work. Then go home from work. Then go to sleep after work. Then get up the next day and unload the Deuce before going back to work. Is this exceptable or should it not sit loaded for 16 hours??? Inquiring mind would like to know? Thanks!

PS, I want to fill my new m105a2 TRAILER TOO. I know its rated at a modest 1.5 tons but is that a realistic max weight or is it like the navy's standards where they figure out the real max weight, cut it in half and use that as the stated max weight?

Matt

Westech

CPL
it will be fine. load it and leave it. its not like its going to be there for a month. And the trailers... load them till the springs squash down, just use your best judgment.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What wears spings out mostly is working them up and down. Having them sit in compression does little to weaken the springs. You'll put more wear on them durring the trip home than you will with them sitting loaded overnight.

A m105a2 will carry twice the 1.5 ton rating (and then some). Most I've ever hauled in mine was about 4,000# and I wasn't even touching the overload springs.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had about 7,000 pounds of fill in my M105A2 a few years back and it was just down to the overloads. It had new tires and brakes so I was not worried and just wanted to make one run to pick up the fill and with the trailer happy with half the load I doubled it. I was a chore to move with my old International Travelall but it got it going and hauled nicely. I modified it with a step down hitch picture is in my album.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks