• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading MEP802 onto trailer

tdfontaine

Anyone have advice or experience on loading an 802 onto a utility trailer without having a tractor, backnoe, etc to actually lift the genset? If the trailer has a ramp, would it be possible to pull it onto the trailer with a come-a-long?

Thanks!

Ray70

You could probably winch it up with a chain fall or come-a-long. Would be easiest if you could get some pipes or something under if for rollers.
I've loaded and unloaded skid mounted MEP-004's from a deck-over trailer this way before. Wasn't too bad.

Isaac-1

Come along and pipes to roll it on, while I have never done this with a MEP-802 I have done it with my MEP-701a, as well as other heavy things

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Come-Along" & Pipe. I'd also want my Handy Man jack, some bars, chain & a bunch of blocks. A shovel or two, in case you need to get a jack under it.

tdfontaine

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. I was able to get it into the trailer by jacking each end up with hi-lift jack and chain, stuffing a few pallets under it and pulling it onto the trailer with the hi-lift jack. Took me an hour but was able to get it on there.

ctfjr

I had the opposite problem - I wanted to get mine off the trailer & into the garage. My L3400 Kubota can only lift 1000lbs with the front loader :( I of course tried but was only able to get the genset to slide to the side of the trailer - not lift it. Sooooo. . .

2.jpg

best $50 I ever spent (and safest way to move)

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
good idea and probably worth it, but there is usually an overhead beam or such that can also be used for these light loads. i once was given a 220kw genset that weighed 43,000 lbs, still only cost $600 to have it loaded and moved 30 miles and unloaded.