• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loadstar Deuce Conversion

6point9diesel

Hi fellas. I'm new to the sight. Great place you have here. I've been lurking for a few weeks, trying to learn a few things.

I picked up a Loadstar a few years ago that had been converted to a 6x6. I'm wondering if anyone can help with any information. The conversion was done by a company called the Zeligson Co. I've been told by others that it is some loadstar and some deuce. I've been looking for information on whether the axles are Rockwells or something else. I'm also wondering if the suspension is based on a military setup, or if the conversion company used some other setup?

My plan was to use it for farming/hauling to antique shows, but I've had a heck of time finding time to work on it. Has anyone used a deuce as a tractor trailer setup? Will road speed in one of these be around 50 mph, or can I expect more?

Sorry for all the questions...that's what newbies are for right?

Here's a link to some pictures I have of it:

Loadstar pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Thank you for any help or discussion.

Paul

6point9diesel

Thanks fellas! I appreciate the responses. Before I post anymore questions, I'm going to check out the manuals.

Thanks again,

Paul

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That looks like it might have been an Air Force truck.

Install a 5th wheel, air lines, pig tail and work her like a rented mule.

Larger tires/wheels will give you better road speed and fuel milage.

Not a bad looking old Cornbinder.

6point9diesel

Thanks fellas,

I've run the gamut in terms of how to dress it out. I've thought about a fifth wheel, but it doesn't have air brakes. I don't think it would take much to put a dump valve and a compressor on it, then have it DOT'ed.

I've thought about a grain box then hauling a pintle hitch trailer with it. This would make it the most versatile for me. We'll see, I've got a few logs on the fire I need to burn down before I tackle this one. I'd sure appreciate any ideas.

Yeah that drag link is a doozy. I suppose that's why they say you've got to heard the old binders down the road.

Thank you for the comments.

One other question, could anyone point me in the right direction for finding the correct manual for the suspension/axles?

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks