• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Local convoy.

gasser

Heh. You know, I am still running without my plate on. I did however prep it with velcro like you did with your Jeep, so next time I get pulled over, it will be easy to attach without that stupid hassle of using zipties.

HA!

-graham

ojsdna744

bozozimbo said:
you might also note the odd configuration of the top bows quite an arch.

jimbo
I think that strange arch is the lack of front curtains installed for the cargo cover. Kind of like pulling a parachute down the road! :roll:

Great picture however!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

vbrescueman

Hmmnnn...I've seen that same thing behind me,too. My Deuce stalled out at a stop light down in N.C. :oops: I look back and saw two sheriff's deputy's cruisers pull up behind me. aua The tailgate was down and my plate was covered up.They thought it was a Gov't truck(since i work for D.H.S.) I showed them the plate and a suburban pulled me thru the intersection and i popped the clutch....off I went--lol
p.s. sorry no pics :drool:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, that would be great if you could make it, you to Chris! The Mog is always welcome! When I last went, we spend the night and met up in Doswell VA just north of Richmond. Hey Graham, did you get popped for not running a tag? I've never run a tag and now FL law says I don't have to! Won't do me too much good up there though. Are you planning on getting a towbar for the trip north? The blazers tow really nice on a towbar.

CGarbee

The nice thing about Ryan and Graham is that they can run up I85 together into NC where they can join up with us for the run to Doswell (were we meet up with the Florida crowd... hint hint hint Kenny...). I think that cop pulled Graham for a combination of not having the tag and for having enough DRMO/GL GPX marker notes on it to make it look a tad "odd"... Of course, when the cop pulled into line with us, I thought he was going to burn me for squeezing a yellow REAL hard... :)

Speaking of towbars, I still have Kenny's sitting in the yard...

I have a tag on my M35A2C (mainly since it has no numbers on the bumpers/tailgate, see above post), but I do not run them on either the M38 or M37 since they have unit numbers (M38 is Army) and/or hood and tailgate numbers (both). I figure that the hood number is the same as a year of manufacture tag (allowed by North Carolina)... I do have the tag that goes allong with the vehicle registration ready for inspection or for placement on the vehicle if needed though...

gasser

Recovry4x4 said:
Hey Graham, did you get popped for not running a tag? I've never run a tag and now FL law says I don't have to! Won't do me too much good up there though. Are you planning on getting a towbar for the trip north? The blazers tow really nice on a towbar.
Nah, everytime the police just say put it on ... never got an official warning or citation.
I was kinda hoping that GA would pass that bill into law - oh well, maybe next year.
Yeah, I would like to get a towbar - low on the priority list at the moment; I need mirrors and a speedo for my M109A3. Any sources?

-graham

rmgill

The law was vetoed by the Governor. No problem at any other level and iirc was voted for unanimously in both houses. Why the Governor had a problem is anyone's guess.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Graham, I'll look around for that stuff. Need to figure out what parts are missing from the existing mirrors.

CGarbee

Graham, if Kenny can't set you up, give me a call... I may have both the speedo stuff and a towbar available... (NOT the towbar that I am saving for Kenny, a different one...)