• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock it up! security with a deadbolt

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a deadbolt lock in the driver's door of an M35. It's not the prettiest job, but it works fine. Maybe someone with better tools and knowledge can do better. It would be cool if there were a kit. I know there's a mod that uses a 'screen door/RV' handle, but I didn't think that is as seciure as this is.
The story and pictures are here:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/lock/index.html

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: dead bolt

The compartment is supposed to take a padlock through the holes, isn't it? I never tried it but now I am not sure how it would fit! Maybe a deadbolt could be put on where the handle is, but the bolt would stick out the back of the compartment.

What I would really suggest for the storage compartment, after suitable mods,removal, and/or beefing up the mounts, is a small diesel generator set!

ida34

RE: dead bolt

The hole work great with the military issue 5200 padlocks. When they are installed the lever can't be pulled up far enough to release the latch. Mine has been reinforced by adding a plate in the back welded to the side of the compartment that does not rely on the latch to keep the compartment closed. Even if I forgot and left the latch open the padlock would still prevent the door from coming open. On most stock ones if you put the lock on without the latch being closed you could still open and close the door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks