• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked or Broken?

rwbrown72

Quick question for all the Deuce mechanics: Can you run a spool in the front diff with lockout hubs? If my thinking is correct, you could. This is because the lockouts would allow the spool to not spin at all. Also, the air-locker would also disconnect the driveshaft and allow the spool to spin freely. Am I missing something? This would allow much greater traction off-road while improving on road performance. What am I missing?

mudguppy

i have the Ouverson UltraLocker in the front of my bob'er - i love it. several times i have forgotten to unlock the front hubs and drove around in 2wd - no binding; it unlocks the faster wheel just like the rear does and doesn't lock up until you apply power through the diff.

i agree w/ the previous statements about the spool in the front - i wouldn't do it. besides, if you are buying a spool, they are the same price as a locker. spools should really only be used in rear, off-road only, applications.

oh, and go w/ Ouverson's over Detroit - much better product.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks