• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked out of M1084-A1 ... Looking for Suggestions

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the heat gun idea, intelligent, patient. I locked myself out of my car in a city parking garage once in my youth. Very incensed. I went with the hoodie-over-fist smashing of the rear 1/4 window. Cold ride home.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man im glad im not traped inside waiting on yall to get me out ! Just get a slim jim ( flat stainless thin metal roughly 1in wide by 2 ft long with a hook cut out of the end and slip in between the glass and th metal door window felt wipe and go fishing for the linkage rod to hook and unlockhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pa...L6SpeyEAxU_5ckDHeO9CYEQ9aACKAB6BAgCECo&adurl=View attachment 918822
Probably won't work since the failure is the rod you are looking for with that tool has come loose on one end or the other typically. You might be able to catch the arm of the latch but it's pretty short.

coachgeo

Probably won't work since the failure is the rod you are looking for with that tool has come loose on one end or the other typically. You might be able to catch the arm of the latch but it's pretty short.
[/QUOT] hmmm...... thread starter has not defined enough about what is problem with door handles. DId the handle(s) brake off on the outside? Or are the handles fine on out side and rod is off? Or is that little arm the handle moves broke.... orrrrrrrr heck..... we dont even know what handle it is yet..... sooooooo maybe a slim jim would work??

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe. But pulling the turret cover WILL work and you won't waste a bunch of time rooting around in a door that he likely has no knowledge of what it looks like on the interior and buying a slim jim tool is probably an order it online and wait for it. 10 minutes with a socket and the turret cover peels right off. They are not well sealed so troops can easily remove them.

The plastic rod clips are the most likely failure. Have seen it MANY times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks