• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lockheed T33 well some of it

TsgtB

"not demilled"....?
So, it still has a live ejection seat.... ?
We had to blow a few of those in Iraq (before they were used against us).

AZDeuce

Clean it up, mount it on a trailer and take it to airshows and charge a couple bucks to have your photo taken in it, would look impressive behind a deuce or 5-ton...of course if your well off you might be able to restore it. A good source of warbird stuff is WIX, warbird information exchange.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"not demilled"....?
So, it still has a live ejection seat.... ?
We had to blow a few of those in Iraq (before they were used against us).
blow up what? Ejection seat or T33.

It still has both seats. Not functional

TsgtB

We had to blow the seats in a few Iraqi birds that were still live, where they were dragged out to the end of the airfield.
I'm not sure about the T33, but it may have or had an explosive charge to blow the canopy also.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lot's of T-33s still in service around the world. There are several bone yards around Davis-Monthan in Arizona that should have enough parts for you to make a nice static display. Might look great in your front yard.:-D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen a lot of fuselage sections cleaned up and painted then mounted on car trailers for kids photo ops at airshows. They usually charge quite a bit.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would never charge kids for a pic. I've seen guys do it with there MVs as well. I would like to find the back half and wings. But who knows if possible. There were only around 5600 built . The front fuselage was not cut This is where the aircraft is split to remove the engine.

i plan to display at my house in some way. I may hang it from the main beam in my shop. Think it only weighs about 2500 lbs as is.

may do something with my MUTT display

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks