• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Door Handles for X doors

ari

You can get whatever color HUMVEE locking door handles you want at FederalMilitaryParts.com It's also the only place I know of where you can buy HUMVEE locking door handles that lock from the INSIDE as well as the outside.
this place should have them http://www.eberhard.com/ dnt remember the part number. but regular locking handles are $15 each PN 250-25 beats epay prices

Last edited:

NormB

Other than Federal Military Parts, are there any that lock from the INSIDE? Or is there a way to secure the door from the inside?
Great question. One I’ve been looking for an answer to myself.

I seriously doubt the aforementioned company is having this custom-mfd in some Lao Gai in Quaingxsiu province PRC but they could be; could even be paying somebody to drill/mill/plug and play somethign proprietary.

But now that I know I can find/buy the exact same parts I’ve seen on the evil auction site for $115 a set (here: http://www.eberhard.com/products/paddle-latches/249-250-series/19690) maybe pay a few bucks to paint them and with shipping they come to maybe $80 a set?

The INSIDE locking ones I’m interested in, but at nearly twice that $115 price from FMP I’m thinking it’s worth a look-see to find the same from a reliable mfr.

Keep us posted.

Thanks.

Norm
(who just scored a set of X-doors).

NormB

I emailed Eberhard hoping that they are the ones that make the inside locking version for FMP as FMP seems to have a large markup on the regular locking ones.
I‘ve got a strong sense that the inside locking models are a local design. By looking closely at photos of them from epay it really looks like it‘s just something like a 1/4-20 wingnut and some washers. Maybe held in place with a rivnut or spot-welded nut.

I might be wrong, too. Keep us posted if you find out otherwise.

jake-cutter

Good news, per Eberhard they do make a version that locks from the inside and outside. Its part # 13-250-SSL/R. Now the bad news, they do not have any in stock and the company they referred me to does not have any either. Waiting to hear back to see when they will have more in stock and a price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks