• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking Fuel Cap M35A2 solution/fix

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, this has been posted before. Did you do anything about the drain on the bottom of the tank?
:ditto:

If I were going to steal your fuel, the drain is where I'd go. That way I wouldn't have to fool with a siphoning hose, the fuel would just flow right out of the drain into my container. About all a locking cap does is keep people from dumping something into the tank.

The allen plug is a good idea. Most people on a fuel stealing mission probably have a cresent wrench or at least a pair of pliers but most will not have the correct size allen wrench handy.

goldneagle

With battery powered drills so cheap why bother with the bottom drain plug. I only lock mine to keep out contaminants. That would be more costly than losing some diesel.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How many of ya'll have actually gotten that plug to come out?

All the ones I've tried were so tight that the welded bung with the threads actually started to distort the bottom of the tank from me trying to turn it!

MilSpec78

I like this mod. It is simple and easily seen.

The lock should discourage sabotage (if an issue for you) and theft from lazy or dim witted thieves.

Nothing is full proof. Face it... half way determined or averagely intelligent criminals can get just about anything. This is just a deterant and I think it would be effective for that purpose.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

All the ones I've tried were so tight that the welded bung with the threads actually started to distort the bottom of the tank from me trying to turn it!
I've gotten 3 out. I have had 2 of them distort though.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've gotten all I tried out.

My last try on a old 5-ton gasser worked out about how wreckerman described. It came out and so did the old, stale gas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks