• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking gas cap on Deuce

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I finally got around to fiddling with my truck today. I installed a heater kit from another truck and finally made a locking gas cab thing. Its a pretty simple but effective tool to keep people from stealing or sabatoging my precious fuel supply. I made it out of an 8" long 3/4" piece of angle iron. Have a looksee. Its only primered in the pics, will paint tomorrow.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So what are these gonna' sell for?

rofl

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I figured I would share this idea with everyone and did'nt plan on trying to sell them but if anyone does'nt feel like making it them I could probably crank out a few, it was very easy. Only problem now is if they really want the fuel, they will just drill a hole in the tank like they were doing when gas hit $3.50 /gallon. This will keep the hippies from peeing in the tank and kids from dropping dirt and toys in the tank. I have alot of kids on my street who frequently play on my truck so that was the main factor in making this.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would have to have the truck here to see how to make it. I'm not familiar with the 800 series truck to be able to make one off the top of my head sorry.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
It depends on if I get the dump bed set up that I plan on doing. I dont know if they will work with a dump bed. I had the bed off while the truck was parked in my garage and one day I just decided to slap it back on without thinking about the bumperettes. Why do you need some?

FreightTrain

Banned
Hee hee hee,I just run a mixture of Gasoline,Diesel,Motor Oil,and anything else that will burn.Go ahead,Let them steel my fuel.It will be easy to figure out who did it when you either see another vehicle smoking like a freight train or broke down about a block away.

texas-5-ton

Hah !! Found it !! Anybody have any more feedback on this set-up?? I feel the need to make one of these tomarrow !!Are the band bolts in the same place on an 813?? Mine is out of town til tomarrow so I cant look..

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My feedback would be that its great! The way it is now, it could easily be overridden due to the thin metal on the fuel cap. If you welded another piece of angle iron onto the cap and tack welded the bolt threads on the strap bolt it would greatly enhance the security but this setup works great for my needs. Dont know about if it fits an 813.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks