• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking hubs on deuces and up.

Jones

When locking hubs are installed on a deuce or larger, are there any additional lube considerations? i.e. Gear lube, wheel bearing grease or special additive to keep the hub alive when in freewheel position?

acetomatoco

Nope, just follow the nice instructions for installing and remember to keep track of your fuel savings and when you get to the cost of the hubs...about $500 as I recall, you are allowed one "Yahoo". ACE

Jones

Thanks for the info ACE. I'm still mulling a set of hubs over and figuring out all the pros and cons. For a truck that's as wide as the baby HEMTT is to start with, every bit of extra inches is to be considered.

spicergear

I'm going to add something here- I've had Selectros on my factory Dana 60 on my M715 and had a set go bad on me. The instructions caution about too much grease. Then I lost another hub. What ended up keeping them alive is to fill the truck's wheel hub with grease so that the splined axle stub is sticking out of a nice full pack of grease allowing the grease to be pulled at by the Lockout hub and no question of lubrication. Do NOT go crazy with grease inside on the mechanism of the locking hub or it can pack, jam and not work.

I've done this SAME THING on my Rockwell axles I then swapped into that M715 and packed the grease right out to where the Lockout itself bolts onto the spacer provided with the lockout kit. Fill that spacer to the end so that you even have a squeeze of grease push out when you install the outer lockout piece and bolt it all together. I've put at least 6,000 miles on those hubs with zero problems and they are similiar in design.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks