• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lockout hubs, who on SS sells them?

peashooter

Challenge to Peashooter...............I know you can make them:-D
Challenge not accepted:)
The lockouts really are simple and would be easy to make with the exception of the spline rings inside. The only equipment I have access to that could make those rings would be WIRE EDM machines, and it would take probably 8 hours to cut each one. I think these are usually made by broaching, eitherway if those splined rings were easier to make then Im sure there would be a couple guys on here selling lockouts custom made for the deuce.

By the way, I just took my first long trip with the truck after putting lockouts on and having them disengaged. I noticed I no longer have the mystery transfer case leak during/after driving longer distances that I could never pinpoint which seal it was coming from.... apparently it was the front driveshaft seal. No front shaft spinning= no leaks!

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I,m about to pull the trigger on a set for my A3. Any big difference/performance between Ouverson ans AVM?
JC

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, a lot of info, good tech advice, and a little person preferences. I like American Made, less plastic parts. Thanks for the links
JC

peashooter

Boy, a lot of info, good tech advice, and a little person preferences. I like American Made, less plastic parts. Thanks for the links
JC
I agree. You can get them from Scott (Tie6044) as he mentioned in post 11. He is a great guy to deal with and good friends with Randy Ouverson so its a win all the way around. I think the Ouversons must be the only deuce lockouts that actually use a bearing rather than a bushing.... apparently bearings arent needed, but if I'd prefer a shielded & sealed bearing over a bushing anyday (selectro's have bushings also)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prefer well made/engineered components;made in the USA. Thanks for the info and get some on order.
JC

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

peashooter

Okay, anyone know what axle to use to run a lockout on a rear hub?
Yep, 1 lockout hub and 1 axle shaft with splines on both ends. This is the one I used and I got it from TIE6044 (Scott). http://www.ouversonusa.com/rockwell_16spline.php

(Sorry, just realized I missread your question, I ended up putting the lockout on the front driverside tandem axle which would be the wheel right behind the drivers seat)

svd dragunov

Yep, 1 lockout hub and 1 axle shaft with splines on both ends. This is the one I used and I got it from TIE6044 (Scott). http://www.ouversonusa.com/rockwell_16spline.php

(Sorry, just realized I missread your question, I ended up putting the lockout on the front driverside tandem axle which would be the wheel right behind the drivers seat)
Very nice, would that shaft be comopatable with the avm's?

peashooter

Very nice, would that shaft be comopatable with the avm's?
Yes, it would work for any of them. It basically makes the rear axle into what a front axle would be as far as the lockouts are concerned. So any lockout that works on the front hub of a deuce will also work on a rear hub if it has this double splined shaft. I'm not sure who else besides Ouverson makes the double splined axles for the rockwells?

ccf460

I just sent my hubs out to be machined, getting rid of the splines and some extra to make sure of no contact. This will tell me if the lockouts are worth it. Or, do I just carry 2 sets in the summer and change them out if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks