• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lockout hubs

mudguppy

... Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the front hub bolts off hand? ...
If you're concerned about 'proper torque', then you need to determine the size and material of the bolts that will come with the new hubs. This may be different than the TM's since your hubs will use different bolts.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
If you're concerned about 'proper torque', then you need to determine the size and material of the bolts that will come with the new hubs. This may be different than the TM's since your hubs will use different bolts.
different bolts yes, but same size so roughly the same torque. dependent on grade, plated or not, etc.

Dipstick

I installed the Ouverson front hubs yesterday. I stretched the bolts to 90 lbs-ft of torque in increments of 50-70-90. I used Permatex blue thread locker on the allen head bolts provided with the hubs. The Ouverson hubs utilize 0-rings in place of a gasket. The fit and finish of their hubs is excellent. The first test drive will come later today.

tuff-truck-guy

I think multi should try said experiment measure gear wear and lash, check temps often and go on a 1-2k trip then remeasure gears and lash and get a spectrum analysis of the differential oil to show shavings or what ever and then we'll will all know then but 4 me i like symetry its scientific "beauty" lol

Dipstick

Okay. Here's the report. No change in steering feel or power with the Ouverson hubs in free. I hit a section of twisties a bit too fast (for a Deuce). Backed off the hammer and hit bakes a tad. My sphincter puckered some. I have to remember I ain't driving my SpecV. I'm driving a 5 ton truck. Lesson learned. Still love driving my Deuce. There's nothing like it.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so just to clarify. If you get the front Hubs, you simply unbolt the orginials and place the new ones on and you are set.

If you want to put one lockout on the front rear axle, you need to install a different shaft in the axle.

markehle

In my case it wasn't just as simple as removing the front hubs and bolting on the new ones. The location of the holes in the new ones (Mile Marker Selectro's) were not quite in agreement with the bolt hole locations, so I had to enlarge them slightly. I wasted a lot of time thinking that I was missing something or doing something wrong. A couple of seconds in each hole with a drill fixed it.

Gastrap

In my case it wasn't just as simple as removing the front hubs and bolting on the new ones. The location of the holes in the new ones (Mile Marker Selectro's) were not quite in agreement with the bolt hole locations, so I had to enlarge them slightly. I wasted a lot of time thinking that I was missing something or doing something wrong. A couple of seconds in each hole with a drill fixed it.
Mine seemed a little tight at first, but it was just a couple thick paint runs in a couple holes in the spacers. They are a great, low profile unit.

markehle

Mine seemed a little tight at first, but it was just a couple thick paint runs in a couple holes in the spacers. They are a great, low profile unit.
Mine were more like a bad day at the factory. I had to remove a small amount of metal to make them work. I do like them a lot, though. I would put a set on one of the back axles, but axles with splines on both ends are a tad expensive.

peashooter

Some bolts are even a little larger than others. I replaced the 8 bolts holding the axle in, and found some brands were just a hair too large to go into the tight fitting clearance holes of the axles (and lockouts/spacers). I bought a different brand and they fit. Regardless, if the lockouts include bolts, then they should fit the holes in the lockouts.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just installed a set of Overson hubs, real nice units, all metal. Snugged right up and look good. Now modifing the CTIS stone guards to fit. I'll post pics when complete, might be a couple of weeks, real busy with the farm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks