• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lockouts on the deuce. Wow big diff.

Gastrap

I have a pair of Selectros on backorder, should be here in a couple weeks hopefully. Everyone who keeps them in stock is $100-$200 higher than the rest.
I'm not too worried about milage, but would like to cut down on tire wear, & there's no need to have all that stuff turning up front when I drive 95% on the road.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
............................... As to the spider gears in the forward rear differential rotating excessively I will avoid that discussion for now...:wink:

RL

As far as that spider gear deal, people just need go back to physics class so they can understand. I'm no teacher and have a hard time trrying to explain it (over and over).
:) ..... or let people do a little reading, here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/6459-if-you-own-m35-you-need-5.html

I'm sure we could get some more insight here from newcomers.... and more fun, too!:razz:

G.

Spruce Deuce

Can the front axle shafts be removed instead of using lockouts? Also, I keep seeing reference to desplined font hubs... is that a non-locking/unlocking solution to free the front from the diff?

rlwm211

You know, I am considering buying another deuce for chores and around town stuff. That one will not have hubs for that very reason HEAVY STEVEN.

I think it really depends on what you plan on using your deuce for. I drive mine a lot, long distance to shows, to events, to camp for a week at a time in relatively easy places to get to. I will put over 3000 miles on my deuce this year after putting 3000 on it last year. I appreciate the easier steering and smoother operation that comes with the hubs and freeing up the forward rear axle. That is what you would want for a road cruiser.

I understand that you have a deuce for exploring and wanderng off the beaten path and that is what 6x6 is for. Enjoy....to each their own for what they need.

Just my two cents

RL

DieselBob

My driving is almost all paved roads so I don't need the 6X6 99.8 % of the time. The only time I have needed the 6X6 was last winter when we had 24+ inches of snow. :grin: For me the reduced wear on tires and drive train would be a plus. Just my 2cents