• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log Book

GUNNY 155

Okay guys I am looking for some help on this one. I am looking to re-create a log book for my truck so I am looking for the various DoD forms found in the 60's to 70's era as well as the military drivers license card. I found some items on G741 but they did not reproduce well or to the right size.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a couple of the old 3 ring binders for these trucks and they have some of the blank forms in them. I don't know if these form are the ones you are looking for, but PM me and I'll email you some copies if you are interested.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see that list of forms when you get it. Could you please post it when you do?

The two forms I have are DA Form 2408 1 May 67 and DA Form 2408-1 1 May 67 EQUIPMENT DAILY OR MONTHLY LOG (TM 38-750). They are in a small green 3 ring binder which still has the War Dept (NOT the Defense Dept) seal on the cover. The are blank and unused so the could be copied on the proper card stock at a Kinko's or Office Depot.

I think I have some other forms too, but I'll have to dig a little more to find those.

They are Vietnam period stuff, but so is my truck.

GUNNY 155

Storm if you could send me copies that would be great. I think you have my e mail or home address. Also let me know what they were printed on.

Scrounger

This brings back memories. I don’t know if this will help since the M37 was out of the system when I was in, all we had were M35s made in 62 and 63. Besides the driver’s license one had to have a DA 2404 that had to be filled out before going on road. A DD1970 dispatch form filled out by the dispatcher and in the log book was a blank S91 vehicle accident form, that you hoped to never need.
View attachment DA_2404.pdf
View attachment dd1970.pdf
View attachment s91.pdf

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I had some accident cards and ano her type I can't remwber I found as I was cleaning out storage. The cards are still in tx. They're originals not repro. I had them with the maintain records I posted about on a thread back in November the maintain records were thrown away last wee . I will not be back in tx until may.

steelandcanvas

Gunny, Here's what my active duty Buddy told me what was in his vehicle binder:

SF 91 Motor Vehicle Accident Report
DD 518 Accident Identification Card
DD 1970 Motor Vehicle Utilization Record
DA 2404 Equipment Inspection
DA 2408-14 Uncorrected Fault Record
DA 2409 Equipment Maintenance Log

Some of these form numbers may not apply since you were looking for 60's to 70's issued paperwork. Sometimes you can Google the form number, sometimes this works better: http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/index.html

Hope this is what you were looking for!

GUNNY 155

Thanks to all who helped out on my request, looks like I will be able to put something together in the near future. Been down with a bug the last week feeling a little better today.

Cav Trooper

log book storage

Got on the DA forms site listed above but could not find the DA2409 form. Any idea where to find a good copy? I never payed much attention to the log books, never had to drive much. Where did the log for the M37 get stored while in the vehicle? Jeeps were hung on the back of the seat if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

GUNNY 155

Cav Trooper PM me and I can help you out with forms that were shared with me. Not sure where books were kept on M37's either but mine will be under the seat.

cjcottrill

I found the log book in my M-37 buried in a pile of oily saw dust under the seat. It would appear that the FD that had it stored a small chain saw and perhaps two cycle oil under the seat. The sawdust appeared to be chain saw chips. Inside the pocket of the vinyl binder is a type written copy of OPERATORS DAILY MAINTENANCE from TM 9-8030 W/C 8 May 55. There is also a copy of Standard Form 91 OPERATOR’S REPORT OF MOTOR-VEHICLE ACCIDENT, and DD FORM 518 dated 1 May 51. The first page in the rings is EQUIPMENT LOG ASSEMBLY (RECORDS) DA FORM 2408. It states: the index to be used for assembling the equipment log books is found in chapter 4 of TM 38-750. Next is TM 9-2320-212-ESC (pages 1-12.) That is followed by DA FORM 2408-1 EQUIPMENT DAILY OR MONTHLY LOG (4 pages.) Next is DA FORM 2408-5 EQUIPMENT MODIFICATION RECORD. Next is DA FORM 2409-9 EQUIPMENT CONTROL RECORD, (3 pages.) Next is DA FORM 2408-8 EQUIPMENT ACCEPTANCE AND REGISTRATION RECORD (pink copy.) Next sheet is 2408-10 EQUIPMENT COMPONANT REGISTER. The last sheet is DA FORM 2408-14 UNCORRECTED FAULT RECORD. Folded in half at the end of the book is DA FORM 2404 EQUIPMENT INSPECTION MAINTENANCE AND WORKSHEET. Every date is not entered but the earliest date maintenance was logged 11-11-56. The last date appears to be the inspection when it was released to excess 18 SEPT 1976. It was assigned to a Civil Defense Unit in Southern Ohio. I spoke with the person who drove it from New York to Ohio. It was later transferred to the Volunteer FD in the same County. I bought it from them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks