• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Log out frustration

Westex

Why is it I have to constantly log back in? I'm getting automatically logged out after a time period of under 10 minutes, if say, I type a PM. Or if no activity. It's frustrating. Is there a setting I need to change, or is this just funky normal for the site?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK for me. If ther cookies have expired or been removed, that could be part of it. You might need to re-check the thing at login time that says "automatically log in" or "stay logged in forever" (not direct quotes..)

neil2007

OK for me. If ther cookies have expired or been removed, that could be part of it. You might need to re-check the thing at login time that says "automatically log in" or "stay logged in forever" (not direct quotes..)

Any idea where the stay logged in forever thing could be located at? Is it a function of the forums or an Explorer issue? For me, it is acting like a inactivity timeout... But I can't find anyplace to modify this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Neil

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the Check Box right next to the login block that says "Remember Me?"

neil2007

It is the Check Box right next to the login block that says "Remember Me?"
The only checkbox that I see there is the "Remember Me" box... Which isn't it for automatically remembering my username and password for the next time I come to the site... Correct?

Thanks!

Neil

cbvet

FWIW-
I used to have the same problem. The company IT guy downloaded something called "trayping" & cured the problem.
I guess it somehow keeps the site "open".
That's all I know about it. Good luck!