• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Logging Truck

Scout

So a craigslist ad showed up the other day - 1,900 LF of telephone poles, FREE. Deal was they wanted one person to take all of them - good and bad. Two days later on craigslist - log bunks - set of 4 for a whopping $275. Bolted the bunks to some 4x6's and I was on my way. Some of those poles were pushing 60 feet. Could have fit all 1,900 LF in one shot, but didn't want to gamble on legal weight on the road.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not to be the naysayer here...but leagally you are allowed only four feet of overhang an the trailer...looks a little long to me....LOL!!roflrofl

rideni

Telephone poles(or electric poles, just I'm a telephone maintainer) are exempt from this requirement provided
its transported during daylight, with a red flag(s) or at night because of an emergency

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see why PB was confused. Down back where he's from, they only have telegraph poles! Hang in there PB, the modern stuff is coming your way soon.

Shoot, Ive seen concrete(cement) poles used also. Never seen a cement tree farm though...

I once sent a message to WM via pigeon carrier, It never came back. I suspect he saved it for the Ga rally chicken BBQ.

Last edited:

ranchhopper

I pick up all the discarded poles I can get around here mostly from 60-125 feet used for the transmission lines.Most people dont know they are white cedar I use a metal detector to get any nails out and have them cut up into some of the nicest cedar lumber around.