• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Logic Behind 'New Posts' Button?

cpf240

I've noticed something odd, and was wondering how the 'New Post' button logic works.

If I log into SS, and then get involved in other things without doing anything with the SS page other than logging in, and then at some point later click the 'New Posts' button, I only get a fraction of the new posts. If I had pressed the 'New Posts' button right after logging in, I would have gotten many more entries.

So, what does the 'New Posts' button logic use to determine what new posts to show me when I click it?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you first come to the site and hit the "new post" tab it gives you all the new post since your last visit. After you've been on the site for awhile and hit "new post" it's like coming to the site all over again and it will show the new post that happened since you logged in the first time.

I don't know if that makes any sense but that's the best way I know how to explain it.

cpf240

When you first come to the site and hit the "new post" tab it gives you all the new post since your last visit. After you've been on the site for awhile and hit "new post" it's like coming to the site all over again and it will show the new post that happened since you logged in the first time.

I don't know if that makes any sense but that's the best way I know how to explain it.
That is what I was thinking, though I wonder if there is a time window, or what. So, then if I'm logged in, have read everything I wanted to read, and then walk away for a few hours while staying logged in, and then come back and hit the 'New Posts' button, will I get everything new from the last time I hit the 'New Posts' button, or will it miss some?

dawico

That is what I was thinking, though I wonder if there is a time window, or what. So, then if I'm logged in, have read everything I wanted to read, and then walk away for a few hours while staying logged in, and then come back and hit the 'New Posts' button, will I get everything new from the last time I hit the 'New Posts' button, or will it miss some?
It should bring up everything new but the system isn't perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks