• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Login issues?

Flea

Is there a timeout for being logged in currently? I have only been logged in for a few minutes (20 maybe?), and I've had to log back in again.

Also, I have my login/pw fields auto-filled so I just have to click login on my end, but I received an error message saying "I have used one login attempt, login failed, etc..."; however, after pressing back, I was logged in.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Otherwise, great job on the conversion... I like the darker theme.:smile:

mangus580

I would start by clearing your cookies.

Also, for your 'auto-fill' there is a good chance it has the wrong password saved.

Elwenil

Ok Mike, I cleared my cookies and my internet files and I'm still getting the same issue. For the rest of the forum, I talked to Mike in the chat about an issue I am having when I first get on the site. It shows me not logged in and has the usual fields to log in with password. If I fill in my user name and password, it thanks me for logging in and redirects me back to the main page where it still shows me not logged in. Only when I view a thread does it log me in automatically, not matter if I filled in the log in fields or not. Also, not sure if this is related Mike, but the site only seems to save the threads I have looked at as long as I am on that time. If I exit and come back, all the threads I looked at previously are back in bolt text like I haven't looked at them. When I look at one and come back to the main page, they "remember" which ones I looked at during the previous login.

This isn't super critical and is not an issue I can't deal with so don't feel like I am looking for a resolution, Mike. I know you have bigger fish to fry at the moment but I thought I would mention it as a bug report in case it might be related to more pressing matters or so you can look at it when all the other details are worked out. I'm patient and can deal with this indefinitely if needed as it's not a big deal. For what it's worth I am running XP Home and using IE7.

Thanks Mike! I know some of us have been harsh about the change but many of us know the hard work you do dealing with frustrating software and greatly appreciate everything!

Flea

Cleared the cookies; I think the login failure/success thing was a fluke... it didn't do it this time.

Also, I've not had to log back in yet... *crosses fingers*

Keep up the good work guys.

Elwenil

Still have my issue and I think everything is running normal on my end. I'm not sure if it's related but the page numbers on the main page are not synced with the pages in the threads when I click on them. I have my profile setup to display more posts per page and if I click on page 5 on the main page, it ends up being page 2 or 3 when I get in the thread. Again, nothing critical, just posting some more observations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks