• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOL...Got the Iltis Stuck

davidkroberts

well i was feeling froggy and the weather wasnt too cold so a friend of mine and i took the new to me Iltis out for a ride around the county. I ended up breaking down on the road (without my tools....:doh:.) It ended up being a piece of the wiring harness had gotten on top of the CV joint in the rear and had grounded out my electric fuel pump. Was fixed with a old piece of fuel filter o-ring to tie the harness back up and we were on the road again.

Well being things were going so well we decided to find some mud and what better place to find it than in the middle of a swamp. Well...... we almost made it and if i didnt have brand new street tires on it I would have. The four wheel drive and locker work great and i love the clearance the independent suspension gives but the little guy just couldnt get any traction. Had to get my dad to run to the house and get my M35 to pull me out.

All in all a great day.

Attachments

Scarecrow1

Well at least you solved the electrical problem .... And the bogging down one too lol thanks for the pics and good luck on your journey into mud bogging :mrgreen:

colelkhunter

the noisy cricket was almost eaten by a swamp.....:mrgreen:

Dave----" I don't need a **** winch, the truck only weights 3,000 lbs". First question I asked when told of this experiment was," when you got is stuck, did you just get out, pick it up and carry it out?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks